So Trying To Figure Out What I'm Missing

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
mattisfamous2
Motorcycle: 1976 gl

So Trying To Figure Out What I'm Missing

Post by mattisfamous2 »

So I received a 1976 Honda do you say GL, ? It's missing parts, I have pics if someone to show me how link? brakes seized up, but it was Free

Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: So Trying To Figure Out What I'm Missing

Post by Rambozo »

Quite often "free" bikes can be the most expensive. ;)

Search and ye shall find.
viewtopic.php?t=5647
mattisfamous2

Post by mattisfamous2 »

would it matter if I just want it for the learning experience it doesn't have to be pretty I just want it to run
Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade

Post by Rambozo »

Oh I'm sure you will learn a lot. As long as you go into it with your eyes open, fixing up an older bike can be a lot of fun. Just be aware that a lot of parts are no longer available, so be prepared to hunt for used ones, or make/modify your own.
albinoredneck
Motorcycle: 1982 Gold Wing GL1100 Aspencade
1981 Yamaha Virago XV750(sold)
2009 Honda Rebel 250
2018 Suzuki SV650

Post by albinoredneck »

here's a link to some Goldwing manuals.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ow862knee6yya/Goldwing
these range from 1975 to 2009 GOLDWINGS.

I have a lot of 1983 Goldwing Interstate parts,,, brakes, carbs(bad shape), engine covers, forks, a trunk(with lock and key) plastic covers, triple T(steering),wirering harness, engine guards,,,,etc.
I don't know if any will work on a 76. but if you are willing to try,,, maybe we can work a deal.... I don't want any money,,i just afford to pay shipping on most of it.

my email is albinoredneck @ gmail (dot) com
mattisfamous2

Post by mattisfamous2 »

that's awesome I would really appreciate it here's one pic I know I'm missing a lot but I'm willing to re work machine everything I need to
Attachments

mattisfamous2

Post by mattisfamous2 »

so yeah, I have an available shop . I can sandblast, clean , pay to machine etc
Attachments

albinoredneck
Motorcycle: 1982 Gold Wing GL1100 Aspencade
1981 Yamaha Virago XV750(sold)
2009 Honda Rebel 250
2018 Suzuki SV650

Post by albinoredneck »

from the looks of it you need a lot... I might be able to help. I'm in middle Tennessee. if you are close you are welcome to pick up what I have. i have a lot that you need. I have the tank cover. all the plastic. a fairing( needs repaired and a wind shield). i have the intake and carbs all the way up to the air filter. carbs are in bad shape. I have the brake calipers( 2 front, 1 rear) not sure they fir your bike, they came off a 1983 GW. I have a seat,,needs recovering( but is usable). I have a trunk( i sold the side bags).
plus other parts..
if you are too far away to come pick up the parts we can try to work on shipping them to you.
mattisfamous2

Post by mattisfamous2 »

albinoredneck wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:54 pm from the looks of it you need a lot... I might be able to help. I'm in middle Tennessee. if you are close you are welcome to pick up what I have. i have a lot that you need. I have the tank cover. all the plastic. a fairing( needs repaired and a wind shield). i have the intake and carbs all the way up to the air filter. carbs are in bad shape. I have the brake calipers( 2 front, 1 rear) not sure they fir your bike, they came off a 1983 GW. I have a seat,,needs recovering( but is usable). I have a trunk( i sold the side bags).
plus other parts..
if you are too far away to come pick up the parts we can try to work on shipping them to you.
that's actually kind of funny I'm north of Birmingham Alabama so you're really not to unreasonably far away, if I middle Tennessee I assume it's probably about two and a half hours or so. I really appreciate it. I'll look into what I need and see what will work for it I don't know anything about motorcycles this is about first time I've worked on cars before