Help78 Honda GL1000 carb question

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
poncho26
Motorcycle: 1983HONDA GL1100L

Help78 Honda GL1000 carb question

Post by poncho26 »

recently purchased a $500 wing with the manifold /carb conversion and it has the
solex 34 pict 3 carb on it obviously not runing but what really got me confused is that I can't find the terminals or connections for the electric choke, please If anyone has answers please let me know thank you very much
Attachments

ct1500
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Re: Help78 Honda GL1000 carb question

Post by ct1500 »

Not familiar with that particular carb, but. An electric choke will usually be found in the cover of the choke thermostatic bi-metal spring. Might have a wire coming off that cover or just a spade type terminal that your power wire would attach to. Your second picture shows the choke cover and is the circular part at the very bottom held on by the three screws. You will have to move some items to get a better view to see whats there.
Local and need repair help with your 1500, Valkyrie or ST please click contact
Nothing leaves my shop till its' perfect
This is what I do
poncho26

Post by poncho26 »

Sure I'll try to get better pictures tonight but to be honest I didn't see any terminals or spade contacts all around .
poncho26

Post by poncho26 »

Hello everyone!
So

apparently the previous owner started the conversion and mounted everything in place (manifold & carb) but no electrical connection to the electro magnetic cut off valve nor the choke heating element, for some reason the cut off valve in my carb is missing and I just wanted to know if it is totally necessary for this set up and have to order it or just plug it off
thank you in advance.

Ps: picture of my carb were previous owner just cover the threaded hole with a tire air valve you're seeing the part that goes inside the tire and it took me a while to realize that until I pulled it out I thought I was going crazy😂