HEL Braided Brake Lines Discount

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
Doctor Shelz 65
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade

HEL Braided Brake Lines Discount

Post by Doctor Shelz 65 »

I just ordered new stainless steel braided brake lines from HEL. I found that in earlier years, those on this forum were able to get a discount on these quality items. So, I asked the HEL rep., Jim, if we could do the same for forum members currently and he happily agreed. I would have paid $147.00 for these lines (several color options) but with the discount, I paid only $132.00 with free shipping. He said to simply contact helusa.com and plug in GWDOCS (use the caps) to get the discount. I must say he was very helpful in our interactions during my purchase.
I am new to this forum, but have been viewing it from afar until just registering today to let everyone know about this deal. It applies to 1200's as well.
My Goldwing? I picked up a beautiful, low miles, nimbus grey 1983 gl1100a in California last April and rode it home to Wisconsin in 5 days. Since then, I have done much modifying from info. gained here, such as adding a windscreen vent. new signal flasher, maintaining compressor dessicant, and adding a new Saddleman seat (its great!) Now for some new brake lines. My wife and I are planning a five thousand mile trip out west in May/June and are doing everything needed to make it a great trip. I have been riding for over 50 years (dirt and sport bikes, mostly), and find this iteration of the Goldwing affordable and a revelation in comfort and sport while touring. It certainly "out tours" the FJR 1300 I recently sold and it was a sweetheart.
I have been on other automotive forums and this is the best Goldwing forum I have seen, even though the others are great, too. Everyone here appears so helpful and positive, with a high level of expertise and willingness to share. I look forward to exchanging info. as time moves along.

alastair.kj
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 Interstate

Re: HEL Braided Brake Lines Discount

Post by alastair.kj »

I wonder if the discount is available for Canadians from the Canadian website. That's would be amazing.
LittleGoldy
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I, 1982 GL1100 Aspencade (parts bike, ugh got shafted on ebay, BUT it is being resurrected as a naked and it RUNS ......woot. 7/31/2021 Keep y'all updated with photos soon, not that anyone cares :D) 1981 CB750C, 1981 GL1100 Interstate (Project)1983 XJ750 Seca Sold, 2003 Kawasaki ZX1R Sold, 1980 GS750E Sold, 1973 Kawasaki H1 Triple 500 (first bike ever) Sold

Re: HEL Braided Brake Lines Discount

Post by LittleGoldy »

Just sent em a request to honor the discount. Awaiting reply. Gotta upgrade to SS lines for sure.
You can do anything, but not everything.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. :ugeek: