83 Aspencade value

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
vaughn
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl 1100 Aspencade

83 Aspencade value

Post by vaughn »

I have a 1983 Aspencade like the one at the beginning of this forum. It also has the rear wrap around bumper with lights.
I might have to sell it if I can't do something about my arthritis.
Can barely ride 25 miles.
Last year I was in the hospital 3 times with an infection. I get tired real easy since.
It has 45,000 miles on it. It had 18,000 on it 6 years ago when I bought it.
Had the timing belts changed.i change the coolant every year as well as the brake fluid. 2 years ago I had the carbs rebuilt down in Tennessee by Moose.
That cost over $500 with shipping . Mileage went way up. Never see below 40 mpg now. I change my own tires and clean and lube everything while it is apart. I love this bike, but the time might be here to give it up.
I will not give it away. If I could I would ride it across the country. I paid $2500 and have put in over $ 1000.
Bike is not butchered up like some I have seen. The accessories that are on it look to have been dealer installed.
Pro wiring kit for the rear lights.
Attachments

RBGERSON
Motorcycle: 98 SE GL 1500
had every year from 75 to 83

Re: 83 Aspencade value

Post by RBGERSON »

Depending on where you sell it 1700 to 2,900 or so. AND who's shopping..sounds like a nice ride..but you never get back what you put into a bike..even "free" ones!!! More likely to get near the low end. Look on craigslist and eBay..to get some reference points.

Sorry about the medical issues...
HAD LOTS OF GOLDWING 75-83
NOW INTO 1500'S..RIDING A 1998 SE

FAIR WINDS,
RB
indianakid
Motorcycle: 83 GL1100 I

Post by indianakid »

Never deny someone their right to say NO !!!

There just may be someone out there that must have a 1983 Aspencade in your color and wants it now and (most important) has the disposable income to pay your price. It is free to place an ad in CL and if you are not in a hurry to sell price it the way you want.

I too am sorry to hear of your health issues.
cyberlon
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100I

Post by cyberlon »

Ever tried a trike? Instead of selling it, convert it if you are able to ride with the extra wheels. Might count as therapy to get out without tiring. You could consider scheduling a test ride of a trike at a dealership, just to see how it works on your body. Craigslist is full of people who are willing to take advantage of you, but is also a way to find it a new, loving home. I agree that if you end up listing it, put it at your price and make sure that a fair deal includes getting it into the hands of someone who will love it.
vaughn
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl 1100 Aspencade

Post by vaughn »

My problem is my hands keep going numb while riding. When I wake up in the morning my right hand is usually numb and I can't freely move my fingers. I guess it is genetics and 40 years working construction.