Gl1100 oe windshield height and questions

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
Mfnheff
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200 aspencade

Gl1100 oe windshield height and questions

Post by Mfnheff »

What is the oe height of the gl1100 windshield?
I had to cut mine down in a parking lot so I could see to get it home. Didnt measure it at the time. Slipstreamer shows 20" or so as the oe. Then a +2, the the huge wrap around.
I cant decide what to get, the wrap around would be nice, but it sure seems really big and I'd be lookoing through it I think. I'm 5´10, lanky, and sit on a stock seat. I really dont want any more buffeting than or would give, but I also don't want roast my self of the wrap around reduces air flow. Trying to do a one and done kind of thing

bigzook
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate
1994 Magna 750, 1998 900SS

Re: Gl1100 oe windshield height and questions

Post by bigzook »

I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a shorter screen. I did get a few parts to help in the mean time. You might look into the Add On adjustable fairing wind deflectors and the GL1800 windshield center vent. This way you get better ventilation and less wind buffeting, especially if you run a passenger. I currently live in Georgia and deem these as necessary items. A wrap around would be the death of me! I'm really hoping that an adjustable Baggershield will become available, then we can have the best of both worlds.