Back on the road at last!

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
bobbybiscuit
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Back on the road at last!

Post by bobbybiscuit » Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 pm

My 1982 GL1100a Aspencade (manufactured in the USA) is back on the road. Only 46000 miles on the clock.

Bought a used bank of carbs from a guy in the stats with all the chrome attachments because existing carbs were giving me grief.
Had my new carbs stripped down, cleaned and reset. Guy is retiring soon so i will be gutted. Drives and rides beautifully now but I have lost the fuse box cover.

I have found some images on here of the layout of the box but I do want to have a replacement fuse box cover. Can anyone help me out?

one fuse crumbled when I got home . Also the headlamp has stopped working so will have to treat myself to some new glass fuses.

Need to get some new muffler extensions as the current ones have rusted. So will be looking for that aswell. Been stood up under a cover for a long time (dont have a garage) so lots of cleaning and polishing required.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Back on the road at last!

Post by WingAdmin » Wed May 30, 2018 8:20 am

bobbybiscuit wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 pm
My 1982 GL1100a Aspencade (manufactured in the USA) is back on the road. Only 46000 miles on the clock.

Bought a used bank of carbs from a guy in the stats with all the chrome attachments because existing carbs were giving me grief.
Had my new carbs stripped down, cleaned and reset. Guy is retiring soon so i will be gutted. Drives and rides beautifully now but I have lost the fuse box cover.

I have found some images on here of the layout of the box but I do want to have a replacement fuse box cover. Can anyone help me out?

one fuse crumbled when I got home . Also the headlamp has stopped working so will have to treat myself to some new glass fuses.

Need to get some new muffler extensions as the current ones have rusted. So will be looking for that aswell. Been stood up under a cover for a long time (dont have a garage) so lots of cleaning and polishing required.
I had a fuse fail in my GL1100, and when I pulled it out, the ends fell off of it, as the glue had long since hardened and turned to dust. I pulled (and replaced) all of the fuses at that point, and several of them were in the same condition.