wiring harness routing

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
usbaxterr
Motorcycle: 1983 Honda 1100 Golding Interstate

wiring harness routing

Post by usbaxterr »

Hello all,
So happy to find your forum, I just purchased a 1983 1100 interstate for a couple bucks but think worth it, problem is that last owner was a wiring fiend and hacked it really bad. I want to replace the harness as finding most of it melted. I am far from a bike mechanic but know enough to do this. Anyone know where I can get a routing manual, and diagram of what goes to what. Mostly the harness by the solenoid the harness is hacked bad and fried. I have new parts and jumping the starter it does turn over. Any help would be greatly persisted.

DaveO430
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800
2004 Suzuki DR200

Re: wiring harness routing

Post by DaveO430 »

Once you begin to put the harness in it pretty much explains itself, you almost can't get it wrong. Nothing will plug in where it's not supposed to except the single wires that are color coded, just match the colors. When you take the old harness out pay attention to how it's routed.
usbaxterr

Post by usbaxterr »

Thank you Dave I will try this weekend, I was hoping that was all there was to it. Think where I get a bit mixed up is the previous one had cut and used wire nots on most of the harness. I trying as best as can to just buy new harnesses as I find them.
Thanks again will let you know results.
usbaxterr

Post by usbaxterr »

So happy had to end up building one good harness out of the two but installed and bike starts right up... thank you all for your help, I purchased the full Service Manual and was able to completely build one.
Now that started I had to post in the tech area, seems it it dumping fuel into the intake. Loving working on this bike.