new day, new problem

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
sbaugz
Motorcycle: 1983 gl1100 standard

new day, new problem

Post by sbaugz »

Well, today I have a new problem on the GL1100 that I am customizing.
Everything seemed to be working fine. Finally got the bike to run well. I had installed a new headlight and bucket on the bike. Low and high beam work fine. All other lights and gauges work fine.

All of a sudden, the headlight cuts out. No high or low beam. I tested the bulb itself against a 12V battery and it works fine. I checked the fuse and it works fine.
One thing I notice. Now, every time I turn the ignition to on, I head a pop in the left handlebar switch cluster. I turn it off and turn it back on again, another pop. Does this every time. Still no high or low beam headlights. Thoughts?

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: new day, new problem

Post by WingAdmin »

sbaugz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:51 pm Well, today I have a new problem on the GL1100 that I am customizing.
Everything seemed to be working fine. Finally got the bike to run well. I had installed a new headlight and bucket on the bike. Low and high beam work fine. All other lights and gauges work fine.

All of a sudden, the headlight cuts out. No high or low beam. I tested the bulb itself against a 12V battery and it works fine. I checked the fuse and it works fine.
One thing I notice. Now, every time I turn the ignition to on, I head a pop in the left handlebar switch cluster. I turn it off and turn it back on again, another pop. Does this every time. Still no high or low beam headlights. Thoughts?
Check your starter button, give it a wiggle and perhaps a shot of electrical cleaner.