color

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
tegid
Motorcycle: Goldwing gl1100 1983 with sidecar jeaniel
BMW K75 1985

color

Post by tegid »

A quick question - I have accumulated a few scratches on the side car due to my poor estimation of width when passing through our gate ! The bike is a GL1100 1983 After a search I guess that the colour is Candy Regal Brown - I found a supplier in France but I would value a second opinion on color (color-couleur-colour no wonder I have trouble with selecting the paint and probably why I kept hitting the gate !)
Attachments

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: 2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc https://imgur.com/foGDjgv

'02 GL1800 lives in Dawsonville, GA now.
My son is going to enjoy it for many years to come.

Re: color

Post by AZgl1800 »

very nice looking side car, even if does has a tiny little scratch on it.

it would probably best to go to a paint store and have them analyze the color, as over the years, it will have changed from the original paint color/colour
~John

'02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc
JB THEVENON
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Post by JB THEVENON »

for a GL1100 1983 Interstate, color codes are :

Candy Wineberry Red-U, R114CU
Black, NH1 => for the frame
Regal Brown, YR120CU

be sure of your paint code who is this supplier from France ?
Regards
JB
my philosophy : To do is to be (Kant). To be is to do (Sartre), Do be do be do (Sinatra)
tegid
BMW K75 1985

Post by tegid »

Salut JB
Apologies for the slow response.
I am sure that the colour of the side is cady regal brown. The best link I found in France was
https://www.rsbikepaint.com/fr-fr/colours.php
They appear to sell the correct paint- have you ever used these people ? All suggestions are very welcome.
Frank
JB THEVENON
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Post by JB THEVENON »

Salut :)

This site is crazy. I didn't knew it and it has my own color : Sterling Silver (but I don't know the second colors since mine has 2 colors).
Seems very professional. Never used it, my only painting work was for the frame and I got paint from PeintureVoiture.com

I am interested in your feedback in case I would need to paint parts of my bike. Have you seen that all colors are matte after drying ? you absolutely need lacquer.

Regards
JB
my philosophy : To do is to be (Kant). To be is to do (Sartre), Do be do be do (Sinatra)
tegid
BMW K75 1985

Post by tegid »

After a very long delay I finally repaired and resprayed the damage to the side car. I bought the paint from RS - three spray cans, an undercoat, a matte colour and finally a laqueur. The instructions were clear and the result was very good, the colour match was perfect. I end with a warning if you are ordering from Europe, when the paints arrived I had to pay the delivery company 30€ import charges (thanks to the English brexit lunacy). The owners of RS are dedicated Europeans I wish them well and this kind of charging does not help business. If you want a quality product they a good but do ask for information on import taxes - As for me I'm 30€ down but in the end the resulting job was very good.
Tegid