1982 GL1100 Aspencade

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
redrocks2020
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Aspencade

1982 GL1100 Aspencade

Post by redrocks2020 »

Hello,

When I use the onboard air compressor to air up shocks, it discharges pressure out of the rubber discharge line. I notice there is a little adjustment screw on the compressor housing with a nut to lock it in place. tried adjusting it at all different settings, didn't make any difference. has anyone had a similar problem? If so how did you correct it?

JB THEVENON
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Re: 1982 GL1100 Aspencade

Post by JB THEVENON »

Hello

I also have an issue with the aire compressor.
The pressure goes down slowly. After a few days I need to pump air again. But the gauge itsel is also leaking a bit. During a ride, I can see the gauge needle falling slowly although the pressure is still good.

I am not sure that the reading is fully trusted.

Another example : when I adjust the fork, then the rear shock absorber : the fork new reading is different. This winter I disassembled the dessicator removed all the air assistance, changed some banjo washers, dessicant and O-ring. My rear schock absorbers are brand new btw and the same for the fork hose between left and right fork. I still have the same issue.

I read recently on Pascal Szymezack's book on Goldwings that for GL1100 Aspencade 1982, adjustment should be done with on Park position (?) I usually adjust pressure when I sit on the bike, engine running, neutral gear of course.

I never tried to play with the side screw you mentionned, what is it for ? I will make a test with this idea.
JB
my philosophy : To do is to be (Kant). To be is to do (Sartre), Do be do be do (Sinatra)
redrocks2020
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Aspencade

Post by redrocks2020 »

Thanks for your input. As far as adjustment screw, sorry but I don’t have any idea what it’s for. I’m going to remove seat and saddle bags and spray soapy water at all connections and check for leaks. Again Thanks.
JB THEVENON
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Post by JB THEVENON »

I am interested in knowing the result.
Here attached the full image of air-assistance system
Attachments

my philosophy : To do is to be (Kant). To be is to do (Sartre), Do be do be do (Sinatra)