Headlight Bucket Questions

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
Darkshadow87
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100 interstate

Headlight Bucket Questions

Post by Darkshadow87 »

This headlight bucket was listed as a 83 1100 goldwing bucket. Thought it was the piece ive been looking for but not looking like it. I took the fairing off to make a naked bike installed the fork tube ears but couldnt find a headlight that came off a goldwing is this missing pieces? What are the two holes in the back for? My headlight from the fairing is not going to work. that was my plan find a bucket and use the headlight i already had i need a trim ring would one of another bike work? i wanted to use a original light instead of the cheap chinese plastic ones any info on this would be much appreciated
Attachments

biguns
Motorcycle: 1980 Interstate

Re: Headlight Bucket Questions

Post by biguns »

Most chrome rings are going to be pretty close but you really need to have them in hand to test, really wish there were more motorcycle wreckers, used to be a situation like yours was easy as a trip to the salvage yard.
Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade
Ducati Monster

Post by Rambozo »

You can look through the parts to see what was used originally.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda ... /headlight
Some kind of connector went in one of the holes. Honda would use the headlight bucket as a big junction box for a ton of wiring on many bikes.
That trim ring can be found on NOS ebay but not cheap. Looks like it was used on a lot of bikes, so there is that.
Chewy
Motorcycle: 1980 1100i Interstate
1983 1100a Aspencade

Post by Chewy »

i think i have a full bucket from a 75. dont know if it will work tho.