extra lighting and wiring

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
kajunmisfitt
Motorcycle: 1984 Honda Goldwing Aspencade (GL1200)
1985 Honda Goldwing Aspencade (GL1200)

extra lighting and wiring

Post by kajunmisfitt »

Hello Everyone,
I have not posted anything on here for a while, Sorry I pray everyone is doing well in this new year. I have a inquiry but I know this may not a bit vague. I have this 1985 Model and the extra lights are wired into a temp/volt meter type of switch and the former owner mounted it just in front of the air vent on the left side. it has a switch on the front of it. I need to replace it because the wire from the unit to the battery is broke. So I need to replace it and I can not remember what it is called or what the brand or the name. If I could replace it to the switches that are over the master cylinder. Not sure why they bypassed this and put it on this other type of switch. If you know what I am talking about please tell me where I could find one so can get directions of the wiring diagram. Thanks for your input. I would I think want to put these wires back in order on the switch over the master cylinder like Honda intended it too be.

CrystalPistol
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE/'98 Lehman Trike

Re: extra lighting and wiring

Post by CrystalPistol »

Some sort of pics might would help?
Make Courtesy your "Code of the Road" …

… & Have a Safe Trip!
:)

kajunmisfitt
Motorcycle: 1984 Honda Goldwing Aspencade (GL1200)
1985 Honda Goldwing Aspencade (GL1200)

Re: extra lighting and wiring

Post by kajunmisfitt »

Sorry, I should be able to get some tomorrow , going to check on the bike in storage.