CB stopped working,,,,, hmmm

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
redjetty
Motorcycle: 1987 GL 1200 Aspencade

CB stopped working,,,,, hmmm

Post by redjetty »

Ok,,, so I went for a nice ride today on the wing. Had the helmet and speakers and boom mic already for some CB talkin'. Everything was working just fine. I pulled over got some gas,,, hopped back on and noticed my transmissions wasnt getting heard. I could hear my music, I could hear others talking on the CB, my boom mic was working back to my earphones as I could hear myself talk (if my wife would have been on), but could not get heard on the CB. Pushing on the talk button would act like it was sending as I could cut others off but not be heard.... After riding I tried 2 other helmets with 2 different wires and had the same bad response. I put my wife in the street in my truck with the c.b. and I tried talking to her from my bike,,, she could hear my mic queuing but no words came thru. I could hear her just fine. Its been working for the whole 10 months Ive owned the bike,, any suggestions? thanks rj

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: CB stopped working,,,,, hmmm

Post by WingAdmin »

It's possible you had a sudden failure of an electronic part, but it's more likely you have a wire broken or connector failed. Check the connectors that go from the CB unit to the terminal box to ensure they are solidly in place and clean.