Turn Signals

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
shortydfs
Motorcycle: 1985 Honda Gold wing GL 1100 i

Turn Signals

Post by shortydfs »

Hello Im David in Kansas
Im working on a 1995 Goldwing GL1200 Aspencade, Im having trouble fixing the Turn Signals. I have checked all fuses and Flasher. That isn't the problem. One thing I don't understand The turn signal switch does not stay in any Postion when I flip it left or right. Any Thoughts ?

MNAspencade
Motorcycle: 1989 gl1500
1985 Gl1200 Aspencade - sold

Re: Turn Signals

Post by MNAspencade »

The turn signal lever on the handle bars returns to center normally. To manually cancel the signal you need to press in on the centered lever. The turn signals will automatically cancel after a turn. I am not sure if the canceling function is inoperative if it would prevent the signals from working. Perhaps one of the electrical geniuses here on the site would know.

shortydfs

Post by shortydfs »

I was wondering why the switch does not stay in Positon when turned left or right but that may be the problem why I get no signals I do have 12 volts to the connectors so got that done

shortydfs

Post by shortydfs »

what I do need is for info on the turn Switch Does it stay left or right monentarily if pushed that way This one does not

shortydfs

Post by shortydfs »

Ok I have found the Problem. I took the Switch apart and found it to be very dirty. Took Electrical cleaner to it and now have turn signals. Thanks for the help
Shorty in Salina Ks

coolrogue1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Interstate

Post by coolrogue1 »

shortydfs wrote:what I do need is for info on the turn Switch Does it stay left or right monentarily if pushed that way This one does not
No it will not stay "right or left" it will always return to the center when you remove your finger, this is completely normal. To cancel the turnsignal manually push the "button" straight in. The turnsignal will normally self cancel after making a turn..(unless your speedometer isn't working)

Sam