Aside from dealer-- recommended parts distributors?

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
4thgenceli
Motorcycle: '84 Gl1200

Aside from dealer-- recommended parts distributors?

Post by 4thgenceli »

With business travel dying down I'm able do direct attention back to getting Vader on the road before my birthday. Pulled all the goodies out and started digging into it. Couple things I've found so far and I'm kinda at a standstill until can get some new parts. One of the woodruff keys is missing so I can't get the front cover back together and I'll need new gaskets for the clutch/rear engine covers. The clutch looks in great shape (no excessive wear, no metal or other shavings came out) and I just need to find that freaking torque tool thingy to get the nut torqued down that holds the clutch on.

Once it's all reassembled I get to start the fun process of figuring out how to reinstall it in the frame..Hooray for having a book?

Charlie1Horse
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade
1992 GL1500I Interstate

Re: Aside from dealer-- recommended parts distributors?

Post by Charlie1Horse »

A lot of stuff is listed as obsolete but you can try partzilla.com. I have found some parts for mine there.
Russell

Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.
Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.