wind protector removal

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
jimmyschow
Motorcycle: 85 GL1200I

wind protector removal

Post by jimmyschow »

anyone ever had to remove the wind protector? This is PN 61403-MG9-770 it sits between the upper fork tubes. My bike has been sitting for a few years, health issues, I now have carbs rebuilt, new water pump, new stator, runs like a dream. what is do not have is any pressure going to the right front caliper. Had a hard lever on handle bars, bleed the left caliper no problem, needed new fluid anyhow. went to bleed the right caliper, lever still very hard to pull in, opened bleeder, no fluid flow. Opened banjo bolt, same no flow. i need to get above that wind protector plate to try bleeding up the line farther and locate the source of the blockage. i have attached a picture of the part i am trying to remove.

Thanks in advance
Jim S.
Attachments

Charlie1Horse
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade
1992 GL1500I Interstate

Re: wind protector removal

Post by Charlie1Horse »

When you tried to bleed the right front caliper did you press the foot brake pedal? Right front and rear brakes are linked.
Russell

Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it
Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.

julimike54
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A original owner
2016 HD FLTRU

Re: wind protector removal

Post by julimike54 »

It's a fun part to remove & install (not)! The procedure is covered in the Honda service manual, do you have?
Riding anything is a good day!
Mike