GL1200 Wiring Help

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
macvit7906
Motorcycle: 1984 Honda Goldwing GL1200 Standard

GL1200 Wiring Help

Post by macvit7906 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Hello All!

New to the forum and great to be here. All of the information I have found on this forum has already helped me tremendously. I need some major wiring help for my 1984 GL1200 Standard project.

I am currently resurrecting and old neglected 84 GL1200 standard. Have have rebuilt a few bikes before, mainly harleys (with intact wiring), so the mechanics don't scare me, but the WIRING does. I pretty much have to re-wire the entire bike from scratch. I would like to do it bobber style (only the essentials, though including the radiator and a single speedometer gauge), with a more modern wiring set up.

An anyone offer me any wiring help? Where to start (besides buying a new battery)? Do you by chance have any diagrams you drew up or pictures you took? What connects to what, etc. I have the manual, and the wiring diagrams, besides being hard to read, are not the type of wiring I am going for.

All help is VERY much appreciated. Thanks! Also if I am posting in the wrong place, I am new here so please point me in the right direction.