Engine stopping due to fuel

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
rubens1963nova
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200SEI Aspencade

Engine stopping due to fuel

Post by rubens1963nova »

Can you guide me what can I check or how ro alleviate an intermittant engine stop due to fuel. I changed the fuel pump out because it was burnt open (no resistance between winding). The fuel definitely was bad. Had a turpentine like smell. The other thing I noticed is the fuel didn't drain out easily with the filler cap removed. I did have the fuel shut off valve completely open. It appears as if the engine is starving due to fuel delivery at the combustion chamber. I ordered a fuel from Auto Zone for a 1986 Honda Prelude since this website had a few threads that stated it would work fine. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge assembly to check my fuel pressure. I'm thinking the fuel strainer at the tank is clogged or my fuel filter or even injectors. I did drain the fuel tank- had to pressurize the tank with 115 p.s.i. (shop air) to get the fuel out so I can also blow out whatever debri was in there. Would I run a risk of fowling the evaporative emission components causing this engine to starve the way it's doing? PLEASE HELP? My first motorcycle ever. 1986 Goldwing 1200SEI Aspencade