1986 GL1200

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 am
Location: Rouses Point, NY 12979
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade

1986 GL1200

Post by pheneuf » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:31 pm

I am getting ready to take out my motor out of my bike. I got to the front timing cover and the fist bolt on the right side why on the bike . Came out great then I started to take out the next bolt and it broke right at where the threads start it broke. The other came with no problem at all what should I do? Leave out when I put The bike back to gather? or what? I Need Help With This Pleases Help Me OUT :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( If You Could help it would Be Great Thanks :D :D :D :D

User avatar
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:20 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Motorcycle: 1980 GL-1100 STD Vetter (2005-)
1993 GL-1500 Aspencade (2017-)
1983 Trav-Lite Camper (2010-)
Past rides
1972 CL-350 (1980-1988) sold
1978 Suzuki GS-550 (1985-2005) sold
1977 GL-1000 (2002-2006) sold

Re: 1986 GL1200

Post by DenverWinger » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:00 am

A little unclear on what (which) bolts you are talking about, maybe post some pictures and we can help better....:)

By the way, I see this is your first post, Welcome to the forum :D
They say 98% of all Hardleys ever made are still on the road..... The other 2% made it home. :lol:
(I stole this from somebody on another GW site...) :roll:

Post Reply