Bank angle sensor wiring plug

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
jaimenv
Motorcycle: 1981 gl1100 Standard (Naked)
1986 gl1200 Interstate (Barney)

Bank angle sensor wiring plug

Post by jaimenv »

While looking around my 86 1200 wiring, I found this plug with a home made jumper wrapped on electrical tape :?: .
From the 3 wire colors it looks like a plug for a Bank Angle Sensor, yet the parts list breakdown at megazip does not list it, yet it is in the diagram. I looked around the area where the sensor should be and no dice or it is camouflaged very well :) .

Question, Should I just do a better jumper by soldering the wires?, or do I have a option to add the sensor to the bike so it will kill the engine when I drop it/falls over.

Thanks for the comments.

Jaime
When there is some you don't want none, when there is none you want some :cry: .
You can please some people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time :roll: .
Do what you can, with what you have, while you can ;) .

jaimenv
Motorcycle: 1981 gl1100 Standard (Naked)
1986 gl1200 Interstate (Barney)

So I ventured in and did a little test by

Post by jaimenv »

unplugging the jumper between the black/yellow and white wire, then turned the ignition switch to ON. I notice that the fuel pump would not run, plugged the jumper again and the fuel pump kicked in :o .
So i figure this bike did come originally with a BAS and was removed and bypassed by PO/mechanic.
Jaime
When there is some you don't want none, when there is none you want some :cry: .
You can please some people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time :roll: .
Do what you can, with what you have, while you can ;) .