Tow Pac help

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
2manywings
Motorcycle: '76s,'78,'83s,'84s,'85s,'88s,'89,'01,'04s (the list is ever changing...2manywings)

Tow Pac help

Post by 2manywings » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:50 am

I recently purchased a used 2000 Gl1500 with a TowPac kit installed (or so I thought). It turns out that the previous owner bought the TowPac through ebay and did not realize that he did not get "EVERYTHING" (the main hitch that stays attached to the bike. Not knowing that, he took what he had purchased and the bike to a dealer for that brand of product and they adapted it to a run of the mill "aftermarket" trailer hitch. I'm not comfortable using that set up, so I'm trying to correct the situation. My problem is.... "The manufacturer" will not sell their hitch alone or even supply me with any illustrations or instructions so as to give me some reference so I can fabricate my own hitch (it a liability thing). So I'm left with asking the masses for guidance PLEASE! So if anyone out there should happen to have a "TowPac hitch lying around (hahaha), or at least the installation and adjustment paperwork that I could get a copy of... that would give me a starting point. The unit that I have is what I believe is the current model with 12" mag wheels with fiberglass fenders and the long threaded adjustment rods on each side. If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Tow Pac help

Post by tfdeputydawg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:09 am

Contact your nearest dealer: http://towpacusa.com/dealers/

2manywings
Motorcycle: '76s,'78,'83s,'84s,'85s,'88s,'89,'01,'04s (the list is ever changing...2manywings)

Post by 2manywings » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Been that route. I knew that would be a long shot as each bike uses it own unique hitch. I've checked with several dealers with the same response, that being that "dealers don't stock parts". Some offered to contact Tow Pac but got the same response that I got ("we no longer offer hitch kits"). The only way to get one is to buy a complete kit for my specific bike. So at this point it looks like I may be forced to fabricate one from scratch. If anyone out there that has recently installed one of these and might still have the Installation/set-up instructions, I could use those at least. So from what I've seen so far, if your planning on buying a used one of these, you better make sure that is is for your specific bike, otherwise your going to find yourself in the same position as I am.

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Post by AZgl1800 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 pm

I have all of the To..w Pa..c manuals, the manufacturer will NOT cooperate with anyone except the original purchaser..... been there, with info from the guy who sent the copies to me.

give me your email address, and I will send you a link to my server.

~John