rant. about the module on the throttle mechanism on the carb

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
ba7
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 (SE?)

rant. about the module on the throttle mechanism on the carb

Post by ba7 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 pm

who put the thing there, i took it off, now on my way to installing it back, such a weird angle, i super glued the screws on the little black plastic module (rear left of carb (next to your left ball) to hold them in place, then used a piece of metal wire to kinda hold it where it is supposed to go under the throttle mechanism, then ziptie to get it on there, now i can barely reach the screws, but i have one of them "i think" on there (like first thread or two.)

is there a 180 degree screwdriver i have failed to purchase all these years, and my ancestors before me?

I tried reaching in from below the frame with just my middle finger, in hopes in could just touch the thing, reaching in, like that 90s kinder commercial. and this was erotic to say the least. barely reaching that dot. caressing it. but not really knowing how to close the deal. brought back all the confusion from my younger years.

As you can see I did not curse on my other posts, although this has been a pain in the reverse.

the honda engineer who put those there, gimme his name, i wanna curse at him in my sleep, or when i think of my "soon to be" xwife. o rage, o desespoir!

maybe giving that electric cable some clack, attaching the module while the thing is still loose.

well, coupled with my inexperience, i really had to learn some tricks getting into the gl1500.

good thing i am just putting the carb back in for a test, its probably still coming out again. :roll: and when it does i am extending the electical line so i can install easier next time. any objections? :D:D

1988 CA model

ba7

Re: rant. about the module on the throttle mechanism on the carb

Post by ba7 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:30 pm

or probably install that module first while the carb is still out?

ct1500
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Post by ct1500 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:32 pm

I think you are referring to the throttle cancel switch for cruise control. Follow the wire back to the connector left side of frame and disconnect, then you have the extra reach you need.
Local and need repair help with your 1500, Valkyrie or ST please click contact
Nothing leaves my shop till its' perfect
This is what I do

ba7

Post by ba7 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:27 pm

bow! i am such a noob!

going inside that beast like the noob that i am.

that you O wise one. :D

why so many cancel switches. so much more things that can go wrong. id like to cancel that one! :) my cruise control isnt working at the moment and when it does i think i can live with the other cancel switches, especially clutch and brake. no? :oops: