Cornering lights LED made easy.

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
N744B
Motorcycle: 1989 GL 1500

Cornering lights LED made easy.

Post by N744B » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Hello, i am a newbie here, never posted, got my first Goldwing (im 51 been riding since 4yrs old) love to ride and refurbish bikes. Worked as a bike mechanic for a while and I am a old motorhead and aircraft mechanic. Got an 89 GL1500 and while fixing the things it needed (accelerator pump.leak...and 3 vacuum leaks...2 of those looked fine but were hidden) i ran headlong into the cornering lights...both were blown and needed replacement... here is my dilemma
Living in the "I want it now" world I wanted my lights fixed now..preferably with LED lights, but i soon found out the bulbs were honda only...or online purchase.....the nearest Honda shop...50 miles...no bueno!!! So i set out to come up with something that was easy to accomplish, minor tools and knowledge, it does not take long, and when done you could purchase bulbs of your preference (incandescent, LED, or Halogen) from the local parts store. Easy enough to do a parking lot bulb replacement if on a trip. I will.attempt to attach the link. But pardon the non professional video as it was just me trying to cover the bases while.videoing with my phone. So if you have a couple of hours and would like to get.away from purchasing proprietary bulbs, this may be a good fit for you. I may try speakers next if i get bored.

***NOTE- if you decide to use halogen, i am guessing if you go big you may develop some heat or relay issues...so user beware...however, utilizing your choice of LED should be no problem. My lights are setup.as factory to come on when the turn signal is activated, there are several articles about how to make them stay on all the time if you care to search for those.

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm schizophrenic ....and so am I. !!!