Needing help with how to replace a clutch hose.

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
SidAbma
Motorcycle: 1985 GoldWing LE

Needing help with how to replace a clutch hose.

Post by SidAbma »

Thanks to the people of GoldWing Docs I was able to locate a company in Texas who shipped to me a Honda replacement clutch hose.
Rockport Dave sent me a schematic of this hose routing. Looks simple enough, on paper.
I got the 2 hose ends unbolted and disconnected. There are 3 locations where the hose with a special rubber bushing fitting is "clamped". It was a real job to get the hose out of the clamp forward by the headlight. (I yet will have to figure out how to get the new one set in that place.
Now I have to get the hose out and the new one routed back in. I read in one posing that a string was tied to the end of the hose. I imagine this was done to help the new hose to follow the correct route back to the clutch lever.
Getting the old hose out is now where we are in the battle. Something is getting stuck. We can pull and push the hose back and forth about 8".
Is there someone there who has done this procedure and can relate and give us some advise on how to pull out the old, and then put in the new.

I look forward to wise advise. Thanks All

bluthundr31
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500 Interstate (Cinnamon Beige)

Re: Needing help with how to replace a clutch hose.

Post by bluthundr31 »

I might be changing out my clutch hose in the near future too, , ,I read some posts too, and seems they talk about removing the alternator. Is your alternator out yet, , , if not, could the hose be catching on it down on the bottom???

Here is a thread or two that might help;
viewtopic.php?t=4994#p20900
viewtopic.php?p=284575#p20900

Good luck and I'd like to see how yours turns out.

SidAbma
Motorcycle: 1985 GoldWing LE

Re: Needing help with how to replace a clutch hose.

Post by SidAbma »

Yes I have removed the alternator. That needs to be done in order to disconnect the lower section of the hose. Now I have to get past a "blockage".