Vent hose

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
lamasue
Motorcycle: 2000 1500se

Vent hose

Post by lamasue »

Pulled air cleaner then pulled plastic base piece off having problem getting vent tube back on in the back you can't pull it up far enough to get it on the tube

Xciler8
Motorcycle: 99 GL1500 Aspencade
05 Suzuki 1200 Bandit
02 Suzuki DRZ 400S

Re: Vent hose

Post by Xciler8 »

I remember having the same problem if the tube you're talking about is the one at the right side front of the bike tube that goes into the air cleaner base.....

I had to remove the right side Tupperware off the fairing and then pull the right cooling fan (2 bolts but a tight fit) to put my hose back on. Easy to get to after that but time consuming to just plug one hose back in. Mine is a 1999 Aspencade...

fnickel
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500SE

Post by fnickel »

Yes, it's not easy. I've done it a couple of times. The first time just by sheer effort and trial and error. The second time I used a really long set of needle nosed pliers, which was recommended I get for the carburetor rebuilds. That made it much easier. The super long needle nosed pliers are an absolute necessity for pulling and reassemblng the carbs to the bike. One other thing you could do is get a plastic or nylon fitting, and then just extend the hose by an inch or 2 to make it easier to assemble.

Snowmoer
Motorcycle: 2012 GL 1800
1977 GL 1000
2012 KLR 650

Post by Snowmoer »

Xciler8 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:16 pm
I remember having the same problem if the tube you're talking about is the one at the right side front of the bike tube that goes into the air cleaner base.....

I had to remove the right side Tupperware off the fairing and then pull the right cooling fan (2 bolts but a tight fit) to put my hose back on. Easy to get to after that but time consuming to just plug one hose back in. Mine is a 1999 Aspencade...

I endeded up doing the same thing. Remove the fan and then it was easy to hook up. I have also done it with the long needle nose pliers, but for some reason it just did not want to go on this time. For the pliers, get both straight and angled. You can get both at Harbor Freight.

lamasue
Motorcycle: 2000 1500se

Post by lamasue »

I bought the pliers still couldnt get it I'm doing the extended thing