Low Beam left side not working, New Bulb Nothing!

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
Shawn4245
Motorcycle: 1988 Gl1500

Low Beam left side not working, New Bulb Nothing!

Post by Shawn4245 »

Hello Everyone, I have an 1988 GL1500. I noticed that the low beam on the left, (looking at the bike from the front), is not working, I took out the bulb and cleaned the contacts, greased them and put in a new bulb. The old one looked fine, but I changed it anyways. Nothing changed, The high beam works on both sides. The PO had put in a headlight modulator, it never has worked since I have owned it 4 years now. In fact I came across it while doing some other work on the bike, and never knew the bike had one on it. So I am thinking that the modulator could very well be the issue. I did swap the head light connections thinking the bad low beam would switch with the wire swap, THIS DID NOT change like it should have, the left bulb stay out but both high beams worked. Now I an really puzzled, the modulator must be allowing proper power through it. So where do I head from here. The high/low beam switch? I did check all the splices to the headlights and wiggled them to see if I could get it to flicker, nothing changed. I hate just taking things apart. On the modulator that has never worked. I checked the photo cell and made sure it could detect light, even hit it with a flashlight and that didn't help either. So any help would be great, again, I hate just taking things apart, just to look at them. All the wires from the light go to the modulator, I wiggled that as well and still nothing.