motorcycle covers

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
Swagonmaster
Motorcycle: 1990 gl1500 SE

motorcycle covers

Post by Swagonmaster »

It seems that I will be needing to store my bike outdoors for a while and will need a cover for it, any suggestions on a good waterproof cover that won't scratch the paint?

Try to learn from the mistakes of others..... you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

Re: motorcycle covers

Post by AZgl1800 »

I would definitely get one of the multi-layer covers that has a soft flannel under layer.
and hopefully you can store it in a location where it will not be subjected to a lot of wind which would make the cover flop around on it.

I had to do that when I lived in Arizona and it was my daily transportation.
I always put a full cover over it at work because of the wind and awful sun's UV rays down there.

I would suggest you get a shell enclosure that would keep the paint clean, w/o anything touching it.

http://www.cycleshell.com/index.html
~John

'02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

Happytrails
Motorcycle: 1991 Goldwing 1500 SE
2018 Ural Gearup

Post by Happytrails »

Somebody probably makes one but I dont think I've ever seen a good cover for a goldwing. I have one of those vanguard covers thats fine for inside a garage but its not what you'd want for outdoor storage. When I put my bike up for the winter I throw a big beach towel over the front and the back of the bike and them pull that cover over it. They sell some protectant that you can spray on a cover to help with UV and make it rain repellant. It was one of the most caustic things I ever used... was gagging spraying the stuff and I was in my driveway. Works good so far though. :)
1991 GL1500 SE Anniversary Edition
Sun Flare Gold Metallic
Vallant Brown Inset

89 1500
Motorcycle: 89, 1500 candy wineberry gone to another owner
92 Aspencade Cambridge blue

Post by 89 1500 »

Got a nice one from Cycle Gear but it's been a few years ago. Covers the bike well does a good job of shedding water and when tied as instructed kept the flapping in the wind to a minimum. I have another cover that stays in the trunk for short trips and pop up inclement weather that works good too. Found at Wal Mart though I wouldn't use it for any long term storage.