Progressive 416 air leak

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
4given
Motorcycle: 1996 honda goldwing aspencade GL1500

Progressive 416 air leak

Post by 4given »

My apologies for starting a new thread on this but I am still searching for a solution. I purchased a pair of progressive 416 air shocks used. They looked hardly used and I was told thus. When I installed them and pressured them up I discovered a leak out the top of the one shock. I ordered a seal kit from progressive which I was fairly sure wasn't wasn't going to fix it and found out that the 416 was no longer being made by Progressive. And they were no longer servicing them. I installed the seal kit and had the same problem-air leaking out the top of the shock. The shocks work great, even without air, on my '96 Aspencade. I can't believe the difference in handling combined with a front fork rebuild complete with progressive springs. It is almost like the bike shed about 200lbs. My issue is that I would like to find someone to service the leaking shock but don't know where to find one. Progressive won't touch them. So I'm appealing to the best place I know to go for collective knowledge of the Goldwing. My Aspy is a better and much more dependable machine because of the incredible info I receive from this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dan