tires

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
billy411
Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Goldwing se

tires

Post by billy411 »

i have a 1996 Goldwing 1500 se I got a set of shinko radial tires has any every put redials on a Goldwing if so how did they last or not a good ride thanks bryce

Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: tires

Post by Rambozo »

You can search here for reviews, but I warn you, for every brand and model, you will find someone who thinks the tire came down from heaven to solve all the worlds ills, as well as someone who swears the tire is the devil's own handiwork making every bike you put it on, a deathtrap.
Have fun!

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Yamaha Morphous
2011 Silverwing
Y̶a̶m̶a̶h̶a̶ ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶
S̶u̶z̶u̶k̶i̶ ̶B̶u̶r̶g̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶cutive

Re: tires

Post by minimac »

I first put radials on my '93 Aspencade when I first darksided it many years ago. I felt because the Austone on the rear was a radial, I would put a radial on the front. Even though the Austone worked as well with the bias tire, the difference with radials on both ends was amazing. After 35K miles it was getting close to replacing the rear. I was considering selling my bike, so I put on radial Shinkos, front and rear. While it was a definite downgrade from the Austone and Bridgestones I was running, they are a vast improvement over the bias ply tires, in ride and handling.