Extra Fuel Tank

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
Ed Brock
Motorcycle: 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GD
1998 1500 SE

Re: Extra Fuel Tank

Post by Ed Brock »

Tusler wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:51 am
Thanks for the suggestions, the thing is the bike runs great, the plugs never blacken or foul, so I'm going to keep running it like it is, due to health stuff my days of tearing apart stuff to tweak it are over, about all I manage now is to do the oil change, like I was saying if I do sell it I will not get another, I'll retire my jacket and helmet. I think I have maybe another year of riding in me and thats about it. So far it looks like this bike will last that long. Stay out there as long as you can safely.
I know how you feel about maybe not riding much longer. In January of this year, I was granted a severe concussion by a much more important person then anyone else on the planet driving while on the phone. My longest ride since has been up and back on our cul-de-sac. I hope to ride again, but am still working on balance issues. I am so glad for all the quality gear I was wearing.
Ed

CrystalPistol
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE/'98 Lehman Trike

Post by CrystalPistol »

Ed Brock wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:52 pm
Tusler wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:51 am
… etc … like I was saying if I do sell it I will not get another, I'll retire my jacket and helmet. I think I have maybe another year of riding in me and thats about it . … etc …
I know how you feel about maybe not riding much longer. In January of this year, I was granted a severe concussion by a much more important person then anyone else on the planet driving while on the phone. My longest ride since has been up and back on our cul-de-sac. I hope to ride again, but am still working on balance issues. I am so glad for all the quality gear I was wearing.
Ed
It is tough. Sorry to read of you both hanging it up soon.

I did give up two wheelers (riding since '72) after problems, (sold the 1200 this year, sold my "baby," a '74 Triumph Trident in 2017) … but we kept the trike (so far). I had DLBCL NH Lymphoma pop up in '16, chemo, relapse in nervous system in '17, cerebellum growth, surgery, stem cell transplant in '17-'18, recovering since I hope. I also developed shingles down my left leg to go with numbness on left side head from that tumor, got a big dent in left side head above ear where there's titanium mesh now.

Did get to ride the trike this year (not in '17 or '18 except in the yard), once, but if not for the trike, I'd be strictly 4 wheels now.

If we don't ride much in 2020, I'll let the trike & trailer go too, keep the leather, give away the helmets & touring jackets likely or throw them in a deal with trike.
Make Courtesy your "Code of the Road" …

… & Have a Safe Trip!
:)

bellboy40
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE Candy Spectra Red

Post by bellboy40 »

Sorry for all your health issues CrystalPistol. I hope you can improve some more so you can continue to ride a while longer. It is tough to think about having to give up riding. I am getting to the age where I am going to have to give it up soon enough also. I already cannot ride much due to my wife's health being bad and I must look after her.