Windshield wiper

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
agedbikeman
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 Aspencade with Insta trike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Windshield wiper

Post by agedbikeman »

This topic has appeared many time in these pages, but here it is again with a difference.
Wiper motor from ebay about $20, small plastic box with screw on lid, a DPDT centre biased toggle switch, a SPST toggle switch, a push button, a recycling time lag switch module and a kit car screen washer kit with a soft bag instead of a bottle.

I located the washer bag under the right glove box but I will make a hole in the base of the box to fill the bag by.

Wiper on windshield, if you look to the right of the wiper motor I have drilled a 7mm hole to accomodate the washer jet, with the aid of a thick sewing needle and some patience you can direct the jets where you want them, they came in the kit
Wiper on windshield, if you look to the right of the wiper motor I have drilled a 7mm hole to accomodate the washer jet, with the aid of a thick sewing needle and some patience you can direct the jets where you want them, they came in the kit

The box on top of the tune mutebox contains the electrics, the first switch, down to wipe while held, up to wash and wipe while held, centre switch on/off, and green button to start and stop auto intermittent wipe, 1 wipe every 15 seconds
The box on top of the tune mutebox contains the electrics, the first switch, down to wipe while held, up to wash and wipe while held, centre switch on/off, and green button to start and stop auto intermittent wipe, 1 wipe every 15 seconds

Close up of switch box, bit of a stretchbut I can just work it without letting go of the handlebar
Close up of switch box, bit of a stretchbut I can just work it without letting go of the handlebar