Cruise control interstate 1992

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
jbesier
Motorcycle: 1992 Honda Goldwing 1500 GL Interstate

Cruise control interstate 1992

Post by jbesier »

Hello All

i ride a Goldwing 1500 Gl interstate from 1992.
Does anyone know if it is possible to add a cruise control on it,and if so, any idea how to fit it, and what i need for it
Thank you all for your answers in advance
Hans

Charlie1Horse
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade
1992 GL1500I Interstate

Re: cruise control interstate 1992

Post by Charlie1Horse »

I think it would be too much trouble and costly to try to add OEM cruise control. And I haven't seen any good aftermarket kit for it. I think the best thing to do is to add a throttle lock to the throttle grip. You just lock it down at the speed you want and it will hold the speed where you set it except for up/down hills will slow down/speed up a bit. This is what I did with my 92 GL1500 Interstate.
Russell

Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.
Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.

CrystalPistol
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE/'98 Lehman Trike

Re: ruise control interstate 1992

Post by CrystalPistol »

My '97 has cruise control, it works, but I rarely ever use it, almost never actually.

If not equipped already, huge job adding it now.

I much prefer my Kuryakyn throttle "palm rest" (the rubber adjustable one, just rest my palm on it with relaxed grip on the throttle grip, have spare but in 15+ years, never needed it yet) & Vista Cruise "throttle lock" (doesn't "lock", just maintains resistance setting to hold position, still allows twisting the throttle as desired, and is instantly released with a swipe of the thumb).

Make Courtesy your "Code of the Road" …

… & Have a Safe Trip!
:)

joeincalif
Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Re: Cruise control interstate 1992

Post by joeincalif »

There are a couple manufacturers that make real after market cruise controls, A friend put one on his F6B, not easy but it worked great
http://www.partdeal.com/rostra-cruise-c ... _WEALw_wcB

IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE