1500 clutch will not pressure up

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
Rjbertwinger
Motorcycle: 99' Goldwing SE 1500

1500 clutch will not pressure up

Post by Rjbertwinger »

I think I've done everything correctly. For the life of me I can't get it to pressure up to where it works.
I have had it stored for 5 years. When I opened the reservoir up and took the cap off it was dry. I didn't find a leak anywhere. I can't get it to pressure up to a point where it works. I'm at a loss.
I just bought a MightyVac and did the brakes. That all went easily. Is the brake and clutch fluid different ? I did use the same Dot 4 fluid in the clutch as I did in the brakes.
I need some help. I'm very mechanical. But this is throwing me for a loop.
Thanks,
Ric

Rjbertwinger

Re: 1500 clutch will not pressure up

Post by Rjbertwinger »

I got it. I broke the banjo nut loose, let the air out and now it works fine after I bleed the air out of it. :roll:

Fiberthree
Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Post by Fiberthree »

Glad to hear you found it. Like you, I feel I have better than average mechanical ability. But even after rebuilding my front master cylinder I'm still thinking it feels too squishy. I hadn't thought there was any place air might be trapped in the system if I had clear fluid when bleeding. I'm going to try what you did to see if it changes anything. Thanks for posting!
Ed

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.

Rjbertwinger

Post by Rjbertwinger »

Good luck. I am feeling stupid I didn't think of it long before I did. I was messing around for an hour or so before it came to me.
Again Good Luck.