88 GL1500 Tachometer, reverse, headlights and other things not working.

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
LukeDecker
Motorcycle: 1988 Honda Goldwing GL1500
2019 Indian Scout

88 GL1500 Tachometer, reverse, headlights and other things not working.

Post by LukeDecker »

So when I got this 88 Goldwing GL 1500 with 103,388 miles, the reverse and tachometer didn’t work but I bought a relay from this site and it did work. It was working great, the fuel gauge didn’t work but the low fuel light did and the odometer works and the reverse worked.
After I got gas one time, then they quit working and the headlights no longer work. We’ve checked the fuses and the relays. The one relay or relay spot that I know for sure works is the brake light and put that one in the spot where the headlights relays are and they still don’t work and in the spot that I originally replaced. I’ve also checked the fusing links and they look good.
There were no signs of any mice and the wiring harness looks good although that still could be the issue. I need help, I loved this bike, it was old but ran so smooth and was so fun, now it’s been a big headache. Oh yeah, brand new battery installed and now it won’t stay running on idle, the neutral light doesn’t work The handlebar controls for the radio don’t work, the cruise did work last I checked, even with the tach not working.