Goldwing 1500 trike.

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
goldwinggerry59
Motorcycle: 1991 Anniversary Edition 1500 SE.

Goldwing 1500 trike.

Post by goldwinggerry59 »

Hi guys. Thinking about either buying or converting my 1500 to a trike. Never thought I'd go that route but I find now at 61 and
with wife on board I'm not so confident through slow moving traffic any more. Any advice would be welcome on this subject. Trikes seem very expensive here in UK / Ireland. Not sure either about the legality of trikes here or towing a trailer with one. I'm very interested in getting one though. Any advice guys? Regards. Gerry.

baba67
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1997 GL1500 SE W/ Voyager trike kit

Re: Goldwing 1500 trike.

Post by baba67 »

Hello
I just wanted to say that I installed a "Voyager" kit on my 97 GL1500 SE.
I originally installed the kit so my wife who thought about getting her bike license could drive it.
Although it takes only minutes to remove the outrigger once the brackets are installed, (and ride on two wheels again.)
I find I never want to ride without it.
At 72 years young it provides a very secure feeling not having to hold the heavy 1500 up.
We ride two up 90% of the time and even in a panic stop the bike is in control and stops straight as a arrow.
The kit comes with trailer ball installed and towing is a dream with no trailer weight on the motor cycle suspension.
Most anything you may want to know, (pros & cons) can be found here.
www.triketalk.com/forum/forums/237-Outr ... yle-Trikes

goldwinggerry59
Motorcycle: 1991 Anniversary Edition 1500 SE.

Re: Goldwing 1500 trike.

Post by goldwinggerry59 »

Many thanks for your reply baba67. I'm looking at the Panther trike manufactured in UK. It looks nice with the side 'running boards' type set-up. Very expensive though but I'm really interested. If you'd like to see it just Google Panther Trikes. Thanks again. Gerry.