Replacement Clutch Hose - How long?

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
XJSRider
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500A

Replacement Clutch Hose - How long?

Post by XJSRider »

I'm looking at replacing all brake lines with a kit from galfer. It is a bit cheaper than Randakk's kit and I've used them before on different bikes and been happy with the quality.

It is funny that all the kits are missing an intermediary hose for the rear. The pathway is MASTER to HARD PIPE to HOSE to HARD PIPE to HOSE to CALIPER and the kits only give you the last "HOSE" section. Randakk sells the first HOSE section separately so I will buy that from him.

I figured I'd do the clutch too. I need to order that brake line from Randakk and he does sell a clutch line but he wants 100 bucks for it which is too much for what it is. Galfer will sell a clutch line from a Valkyrie for $55. They say it is 63" long. Part number on fiche is different from GL1500 clutch line (compared to Valkyrie) so I don't know if that is because of preformed bends or what.

Any idea how long a standard braided hose would need to be to get from master to slave on the gl1500?

XJSRider
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500A

Re: Replacement Clutch Hose - How long?

Post by XJSRider »

PS obvious answer here is to take it off and measure, but I am ordering brake lines tonight and thought I might get lucky and be able to piggyback on shipping