THE END IS NEAR IS THIS THE FUTURE FOR THE GOLDWING ?? Watch this vid you decide ??

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
wingdings
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

THE END IS NEAR IS THIS THE FUTURE FOR THE GOLDWING ?? Watch this vid you decide ??

Post by wingdings »

hi all saw these vids - Watch them - is this what you think a Goldwing should be ???

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

Re: THE END IS NEAR IS THIS THE FUTURE FOR THE GOLDWING ?? Watch this vid you decide ??

Post by AZgl1800 »

Personally?

If I were to buy a "new to me" Goldwing, it would have to be a DCT model.

why?
I am getting up in age, at a youngish 78 now.

I own a Piaggio 250cc MP3 scooter that has a CVT transmission, essentially the same operation as the DCT for the Net Results. You just twist the Throttle and Go.

For me, it is the Ideal scoot for getting around at Rallys. No Side Stand, just hit the Park button, and it stands up right where you left it.

We just make little short trips to the food joints, gawk at the scenery ( yes the young girls still look very pretty to me )

For shorter tours around the Rally locations, my MP3 can make 70 mph and stick with the Goldwings fairly good. Not as fast on the uptake, but once we reach cruising speed, 55 mph is 55 mph regardless of a car/scoot/bike for transportation.

~John

'02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc