SHOUT OUT TO FELLOW WINGERS OUT THERE !! LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS A EURO WING WITH THE EXTRA LIGHT SWITCH ON

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
wingdings
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

SHOUT OUT TO FELLOW WINGERS OUT THERE !! LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS A EURO WING WITH THE EXTRA LIGHT SWITCH ON

Post by wingdings »

Hi - Peeps - I have just bought a new / used left hand switch gear !! ( see pics ) - I bought the switch only for the bottom lighting switch - So i can turn off the bloody lights on my 1989k wing US import . The US models the lights are on all the time !! .

Yes I realize that I will have to change the wiring loom in the front Fairing there !! - But I am going to change the front fairing in any case as the current one has cracked on the inside - This will be a winter job and a big one too !!.

The questions I am asking fellow wingers out there are these !! :-

1) Where does the red lighting switch plug - plug into on the Euro wing ?? ( pics would be a massive help here with this
please ! ) .

2) Has anyone got pics of there euro wing front fairing wiring please ?? -

Most useful here would be the wiring loom part number for where the red lighting switch plug on the end of the lighting
switch - plugs into please !!

All help most welcome on this post !! And i massive thankyou in advance too !! for help past and present too !! :D :D :D :D :D :D

virgilmobile
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
Previously owned
78 GL1000
81 GL1100
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I

Re: SHOUT OUT TO FELLOW WINGERS OUT THERE !! LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS A EURO WING WITH THE EXTRA LIGHT SWITCH ON

Post by virgilmobile »

If all you want to do is turn off the head lights......
Verify that the switch (the removable one on the bottom of the cluster) is a 2 wire on/off switch..
Remove the plastic trim under the left handle bar and separate the individual cables.One of them has a couple of wires in it.Simply cut the blue/white wire.This removes power feeding the hi/low beam switch and it's the power to the hi/low beam relays.Verify first..
Turn on the key..cut the wire..both hi and low beam should not work.
Attach the 2 wires from the new headlight switch to each end...
With the new switch OFF no power will get to the hi/low beam switch and both headlights will be off.

wingdings

Re: SHOUT OUT TO FELLOW WINGERS OUT THERE !! LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS A EURO WING WITH THE EXTRA LIGHT SWITCH ON

Post by wingdings »

Here - Virgil - Is some more info on the Euro light switch and a Euro wiring diagram with the lighting switch included .

See - pics - below :-

wingdings

Post by wingdings »

Saw this too - :D :D :D :D :D

How to wiring diagram head lamp with out relay and with relay

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!

and

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!

virgilmobile
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
Previously owned
78 GL1000
81 GL1100
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I

Post by virgilmobile »

The 1500 has relays that turn on the headlights.Im just killing power to the relays.Just like the start button does.

Erdeniz Umman
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE

Post by Erdeniz Umman »

Here is the link to download the color wiring diagrams for GL1500 including EuroSpec models which have a headlight switch.
https://www.goldwingfacts.com/threads/g ... am.636674/

Erdeniz Umman
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE

Post by Erdeniz Umman »

And also, here is the circuit diagram for the 89 model EuroSpec GL1500.
The red marks show the differences between 88 and 89 models.
Attachments

wingdings

Post by wingdings »

Virgil - My friend thankyou so much for your input and help with this - I am sorry for the late reply too - Iv'e just been told by the doc -that I am suffering from Vertigo - So not felt like doing much about anything at the moment fella - What you proposed looks like the best solution Virgil - However I am curious too ? To- know what the other two wire on the lighting switch are for- there two ?? What do they power ?? What do they control ?? on the switch it has three positions - Off - P - H ?? Virgil . :? :? :? :?

I have been on to the bike breakers where I got the switch from Virgil - They have told me that the end of the red plug on the switch -Plugs directly into the main harness - So defo do not fancy doing a main harness strip out and replacement there at all !! ..

Most likely to use your method and get back to you there when I have done fella !! . :D :D :D :D :D

Erdeniz - My friend - Thankyou also for your input too !! - fella !! always good to hear from you fella !! :D :D :D :D :D