FOR THOSE WHO STILL CANNOT GET IT UP !! - (YOUR WING THAT IS !! ) - WATCH THIS VID - NO MORE EXCUSES

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
wingdings
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

FOR THOSE WHO STILL CANNOT GET IT UP !! - (YOUR WING THAT IS !! ) - WATCH THIS VID - NO MORE EXCUSES

Post by wingdings »

IF - you cannot get your wing onto the centre stand - Then watch this vid - No more excuses now !! .. :D :D :D

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!
:D

bluthundr31
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500 Interstate (Cinnamon Beige)

Re: FOR THOSE WHO STILL CANNOT GET IT UP !! - (YOUR WING THAT IS !! ) - WATCH THIS VID - NO MORE EXCUSES

Post by bluthundr31 »

Yep, been doing this method for 30 years+. Never knew riders had trouble with it. NOTICE, , the guy in the vid has soft-sole shoes too!!!

Wondering if this might be a candidate for a "POLL" question, , , , , Rate how easily you get your wing onto the centerstand?

Once you visualize that you are actually trying to push the centerstand through the ground (like a shovel) the bike rises up with two fingers on the hand-hold.

wingdings
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

Re: FOR THOSE WHO STILL CANNOT GET IT UP !! - (YOUR WING THAT IS !! ) - WATCH THIS VID - NO MORE EXCUSES

Post by wingdings »

I think the problem is its both practice and technique there - The biggest fear is dropping a 850 pound bike over on its side - Once that fear is over come and you get more confident about it it will become second nature to you - Your wing is better on the centre stand then propped up on the side side with even more chance of it falling over !!

LeYak
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500 Aspencade, 1995 VFR750, 2013 Honda MSX125, 2013 Triumph Bonneville

Post by LeYak »

To be honest: on flat ground, the Wing is easier to get on its center stand than my VFR750 is. Any slight gradient in the terrain makes a huge difference for the getting the Wing up there though..

offcenter
Motorcycle: 99 Gl-1500 SE
76 GL-1000
77 Honda Trail 90

Post by offcenter »

I have both a 1500 and a '76 GL-1000.
The 1000 is MUCH lighter than the 1500, but I have NEVER been able to
get that bike on the centerstand without help.
The 1500 is easy to put on the stand even though
it weighs two or three hundred pounds more.
George in Jersey.
99 Goldwing GL-1500 SE
76 Goldwing Gl-1000
77 Honda CT-90 "Trail 90"

FM-USA
Motorcycle: mc's

Post by FM-USA »

My 1st Wing was the 83-A. Putting that on it's center stand was ONE WORKOUT. The suspension was well aged.
Eventually I learned to throw my weight rearward and onto the saddlebag as I began to lift. My weight gave it extra moving mass. ;)
Year later we decided to go 1500. In the sellers garage I asked if I could put it on it's center stand. Sure he said. I popped that Wing like it was a little scooter. Seller said I popped it up so fast the bike came off the floor 2 inches (at the center stand). Looking later the center stand floor scratch showed it slid about 6 inches. :o Woops, I said.
I got it up.. .. she said.

I'm hounded for posting helpful solutions? ARGO!!! (2012 film)
"Let's see how long this round will last."