AIR PRESSURE CONTROL functionality

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
jaimemu
Motorcycle: GL 1500 1988

AIR PRESSURE CONTROL functionality

Post by jaimemu »

Hello, I am restoring a GL 1500 from '88, at this moment I find the compressor: (I have read most of the articles referring to it)
I have disassembled the compressor, dried the desiccant balls and tested that it works.
The AIR PRESURE CONTROL device has four keys whose function is not entirely clear to me, with the ignition on:
Q: CHECK: When I press it, I hear a relay coming in, and it gives me the pressure of the damper on the LCD (in this case I have the tubes disconnected, it is 0)
P.CHECK + INCREASE  Air comes out of both compressor lines simultaneously
OUTLET - No signal
DECREASE - Apart from the relay that enters by pressing P.CHECK, a second relay enters
I assume that the actuation of these relays has to do with the AIR DISTRIBUTOR circuit
The attachment AIR PRESURE CONTROL 1.jpg is no longer available
I appreciate your help if you confirm if it is correct or in another case that has to happen with the buttons.
My goal is that I can control through the AIR PRESSURE CONTROL, the pressure of the shock absorber
On the other hand, when disassembling I have seen the broken pump support, I do not understand how since it does not suffer efforts, possibly due to fatigue. It is normal??

Indicate that I have replaced the original radio with a digital receiver with bluetooth and an amplifier, (I use the hole as a glove compartment). I say this because I don't send any radio signal to the LCD. Unfortunately he doesn't give me the time either.

jaimemu

Re: AIR PRESSURE CONTROL functionality

Post by jaimemu »

Sorry I forgot the suport image

wingdings
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

Post by wingdings »

Hi - saw your post there !! - Check all your fuses !! and Yes - That old radio unit you took out there - Unfortunately does more than play music there when I took my one out i quickly found out i had lost the use of the APC - Read out on the LCD -Screen there too - My APC unit was toast too - Had to buy a good used second hand one to replace it best thing I did was put the old radio unit back in again - upgraded the speakers and replaced the APC unit and also serviced the air compressor .

On my 89 wing - I replaced the APC- Unit - But the compressor still would not work !! - it was only when I stripped down the air compressor its self !! - found out what the problem was - there is a tiny foam filter in bottom there that had rotted away to crumbs and was blocking the air passageway !! - (See how too - article below ) - Yes I did write the bugger too !! - lol .

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37197

if that does not do the trick then - you have to test the air jet air jet solenoid valves

viewtopic.php?p=225708#p225708

I tested the air jet solenoid valves found one valve was toast - had to buy a new used set - than fitted it - Now all is well again !! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D - It works again !!

Hope this helps there fella !! :D :D :D :D

wingdings
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

Post by wingdings »

Free - 1500 manual - to download here !! - http://www.goldwingchrome.com/Manuals/G ... Manual.pdf :D :D :D

jaimemu

Post by jaimemu »

Finally I have disassembled the compressor I have cleaned and mounted it.
Everything is working properly, the pressure reading, the raising and lowering of the shock pressure.

Thank you all