Front tire for GL 1500 Trike Kit

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
mikemcd
Motorcycle: 2000 Goldwing converted to Motor Trike.

Front tire for GL 1500 Trike Kit

Post by mikemcd »

I finally had the Taxi Tire mounted on my trike. It was a good move to replace the Dunlap as it was wearing the tire flat, and It has occurred to me that there is no reason to continue running a motorcycle tire on the front. So I bet someone out there on the forum has had experience with this concept, and if they exist, I would like to hear about their research and experience. I don't know where to start. Any tips will be appreciated.
Thanks, in Advance
MMCD

It's too early to report on the tire performance but it makes me think that there will be increased stopping power with all that tread being in contact with the road surface.

aj1500
Motorcycle: 02 ABS 1800
CSC F3 sidecar (working on installing)
USCA# 8913
96 Aspy 1500 W Lehmann trike

Re: Front tire for GL 1500 Trike Kit

Post by aj1500 »

the only way to install a non MC tire on the front of a wing is to install a leading link front end
it would be much more cost effective to just run a Avon chrome trike tire or a Pilot Activ rear tire on the front
I have ran the Active for years on my sidecar rig and have been happy with the performance. we are running the Avon on the wife's trike now and I can't speak for miles yet but I really like the way it handles
mikemcd
Motorcycle: 2000 Goldwing converted to Motor Trike.

Re: Front tire for GL 1500 Trike Kit

Post by mikemcd »

Thank you, Sir. Your post helped me cut through a lot of research time digging out this info. This forum Rocks. I'll look seriously at the Avon tire. Thanks again. MMCD