94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading


Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »



I've had my 1500 for a year now and recently replaced the fuel pump, however it had no effect on my fuel gauge reading. When my needle gets down almost to the red line and I fill up, I always have 3+ more gallons of gas left in it. Where is the sensor for this. I never saw a rheostat slide in the tank that I could have bent or adjusted for this. Is it typical for this year or most gold wings?
Thanks.
Tim :?


User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 22056
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by WingAdmin »

Tim 1956 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:06 pm I've had my 1500 for a year now and recently replaced the fuel pump, however it had no effect on my fuel gauge reading. When my needle gets down almost to the red line and I fill up, I always have 3+ more gallons of gas left in it. Where is the sensor for this. I never saw a rheostat slide in the tank that I could have bent or adjusted for this. Is it typical for this year or most gold wings?
Thanks.
Tim :?
The sensor is separate from the fuel pump. The low fuel sensor (the one that turns on the "fuel" light on the dash) is on the fuel pump - see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11167

However, the fuel level sender is actually on the left side of the tank, near the front:

Sender on tank
Sender on tank


Sender removed from tank
Sender removed from tank

User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

So, this is not typical? Any suggestions on what needs to be done to the sensor? Do I have to remove the tank to get to it or can I access it from the left side cover? Thanks Admin. That was quick.
User avatar
bellboy40
Posts: 878
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Brewton, AL
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE Candy Spectra Red

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by bellboy40 »

You can remove the seat and then remove the fuel pump assembly. Be sure you have about 1/2 tank or so before removing the pump. The fuel level is above where the fuel pump bolts to the tank when it is full of fuel.
After you have the pump out, you can stand facing the rear of the bike and with your left hand reach into the opening and grab the fuel sender lever and bend it. Bend it with your thumb while holding the rest of it with your other fingers. If you put exactly 3 gallons in the tank and then bend the lever until it reads 1/2 tank, then you will know how much fuel is left near the low side of fuel level. This procedure has worked well for others when they wanted to have a better idea of how much fuel they had left.
User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 3463
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade
184K Miles
2017 - GL1800 Audio Comfort
14K Miles
Contact:

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by MikeB »

Be careful to only exert pressure on the rod of the float. You do not want to damage the level mechanism.
MikeB
1998 - GL1500 w/184,500 miles ~ 2017 - GL1800 w/13000 miles
USAF Avionics Communications Tech - 1968 - 1986 / Flight Engineer C-130E - C-141B - 1986 - 1992. Retired
Industrial Maintenance Tech - 1992 - 2014
Retired in Tacoma, WA
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

Thanks so much to the both of you, Bellboy40 and mikeB. I've replaced the fuel pump also with a old used one and had a difficult time pushing that big 1/2 inch diameter or so hose onto that upper tube. Pulling it off and back on again might make this older hose crack and brake like the original one did. Also, how would I bend the rod without damaging mechanism? Would be hard to avoid bending a rod with just one hand in that tight space. Yes, I made the mistake of not having the tank down towards the red line and when I unbolted the fuel pump I lost over a gallon of gas I am guessing. Great advise and help. I just don't know how to fix one problem without damaging another. From what is shown from the admin. pic's the arm to the sending unit is very heavy flat steel. I can't bend that with anything.
If it was a new fuel pump and new flexible hose I would try it. But as much as I had to struggle with getting it on with plyers, it might crack or split and then I would have to buy another pump assembly because no one makes that size or type hose to be submerged in gas on the outside. Thanks so much for the advise. :?
Tim
User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 2719
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by AZgl1800 »

in short, empty the tank of fuel.

then pour in exactly 3.0 gallons of gas.

flip the OFF/ON/OFF switch to OFF.
Key on:

now, from the left side of the bike, reach in with your right hand and locate the float.
Move it up and down to get a feel for where the float should be, to make the fuel gauge read 1/2 tank.

Bend the float arm so that the gauge reads exactly 1/2 tank.
the result is that at 1/4 tank, you have 1.5 gallons of fuel.
at 1/8 tank you have about 3 quarts.

At Empty, you have about 1 pint of gas left.

I like that a lot better, than the guessing game with the OEM float setting.

Downside?
you have to ride more than 100 miles before the gauge begins to creep down.
who cares? you have a lot of gas in the tank .... when it reaches the 1/2 mark, you know precisely that 3 gallons is still there.

I was able to ride it down to 1/8 tank and fill up repeatedly with almost exactly the same amount of gas pumped each time.... I like it that way.
~John

'02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc
User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 3463
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade
184K Miles
2017 - GL1800 Audio Comfort
14K Miles
Contact:

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by MikeB »

Take a look at this listing in ebay. It shows a fuel level ending unit. It should give you an idea of what you will be dealing with.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-GL1500I- ... SwP~BgZlqy
MikeB
1998 - GL1500 w/184,500 miles ~ 2017 - GL1800 w/13000 miles
USAF Avionics Communications Tech - 1968 - 1986 / Flight Engineer C-130E - C-141B - 1986 - 1992. Retired
Industrial Maintenance Tech - 1992 - 2014
Retired in Tacoma, WA
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

AZgl1800 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:42 pm in short, empty the tank of fuel.

then pour in exactly 3.0 gallons of gas.

flip the OFF/ON/OFF switch to OFF.
Key on:

now, from the left side of the bike, reach in with your right hand and locate the float.
Move it up and down to get a feel for where the float should be, to make the fuel gauge read 1/2 tank.

Bend the float arm so that the gauge reads exactly 1/2 tank.
the result is that at 1/4 tank, you have 1.5 gallons of fuel.
at 1/8 tank you have about 3 quarts.

At Empty, you have about 1 pint of gas left.

I like that a lot better, than the guessing game with the OEM float setting.

Downside?
you have to ride more than 100 miles before the gauge begins to creep down.
who cares? you have a lot of gas in the tank .... when it reaches the 1/2 mark, you know precisely that 3 gallons is still there.

I was able to ride it down to 1/8 tank and fill up repeatedly with almost exactly the same amount of gas pumped each time.... I like it that way.
Wow, that was amazing time consuming explanation of how to do it. Does not seem so scary of damaging anything. My only problem again is, taking out the fuel pump with that large upper 90 degree hose off of the top pipe. So what you are saying is, this is typical OEM setting of the fuel gauge for honda. I do not need to be that precise, but that is an excellent idea. When does the warning light ever come on? Thanks so much for your time in your detail's. ;)
Tim
User avatar
4given
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: Danville, PA
Motorcycle: 1996 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by 4given »

Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:23 am
AZgl1800 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:42 pm in short, empty the tank of fuel.

then pour in exactly 3.0 gallons of gas.

flip the OFF/ON/OFF switch to OFF.
Key on:

now, from the left side of the bike, reach in with your right hand and locate the float.
Move it up and down to get a feel for where the float should be, to make the fuel gauge read 1/2 tank.

Bend the float arm so that the gauge reads exactly 1/2 tank.
the result is that at 1/4 tank, you have 1.5 gallons of fuel.
at 1/8 tank you have about 3 quarts.

At Empty, you have about 1 pint of gas left.

I like that a lot better, than the guessing game with the OEM float setting.

Downside?
you have to ride more than 100 miles before the gauge begins to creep down.
who cares? you have a lot of gas in the tank .... when it reaches the 1/2 mark, you know precisely that 3 gallons is still there.

I was able to ride it down to 1/8 tank and fill up repeatedly with almost exactly the same amount of gas pumped each time.... I like it that way.
Wow, that was amazing time consuming explanation of how to do it. Does not seem so scary of damaging anything. My only problem again is, taking out the fuel pump with that large upper 90 degree hose off of the top pipe. So what you are saying is, this is typical OEM setting of the fuel gauge for honda. I do not need to be that precise, but that is an excellent idea. When does the warning light ever come on? Thanks so much for your time in your detail's. ;)
Tim
As Wingadmin has previously pointed out,the low fuel light sensor is separate and attached to the fuel pump bracket. It could be faulty.
“Fight the fight and do what is right“
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

4given wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:37 am
Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:23 am
AZgl1800 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:42 pm in short, empty the tank of fuel.

then pour in exactly 3.0 gallons of gas.

flip the OFF/ON/OFF switch to OFF.
Key on:

now, from the left side of the bike, reach in with your right hand and locate the float.
Move it up and down to get a feel for where the float should be, to make the fuel gauge read 1/2 tank.

Bend the float arm so that the gauge reads exactly 1/2 tank.
the result is that at 1/4 tank, you have 1.5 gallons of fuel.
at 1/8 tank you have about 3 quarts.

At Empty, you have about 1 pint of gas left.

I like that a lot better, than the guessing game with the OEM float setting.

Downside?
you have to ride more than 100 miles before the gauge begins to creep down.
who cares? you have a lot of gas in the tank .... when it reaches the 1/2 mark, you know precisely that 3 gallons is still there.

I was able to ride it down to 1/8 tank and fill up repeatedly with almost exactly the same amount of gas pumped each time.... I like it that way.
Wow, that was amazing time consuming explanation of how to do it. Does not seem so scary of damaging anything. My only problem again is, taking out the fuel pump with that large upper 90 degree hose off of the top pipe. So what you are saying is, this is typical OEM setting of the fuel gauge for honda. I do not need to be that precise, but that is an excellent idea. When does the warning light ever come on? Thanks so much for your time in your detail's. ;)
Tim
As Wingadmin has previously pointed out,the low fuel light sensor is separate and attached to the fuel pump bracket. It could be faulty.
Never saw that. When is it supposed to come on? Thanks.
Tim
User avatar
bellboy40
Posts: 878
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Brewton, AL
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE Candy Spectra Red

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by bellboy40 »

Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:23 am Wow, that was amazing time consuming explanation of how to do it. Does not seem so scary of damaging anything. My only problem again is, taking out the fuel pump with that large upper 90 degree hose off of the top pipe. So what you are saying is, this is typical OEM setting of the fuel gauge for honda. I do not need to be that precise, but that is an excellent idea. When does the warning light ever come on? Thanks so much for your time in your detail's. ;)
Tim
I usually fill up well before the gauge gets down to "E". Once, on a trip coming back home across Texas, the gas stations were far apart and my fuel level got really low. I was getting a little worried about running out and then I finally saw a gas station just as the low fuel light came on. I filled the tank and it took 5.2 gallons of gas. That is the first time I had ever seen the low fuel light come on and I wasn't even sure it worked. The needle was well below the red line. It looked almost the same as when the ignition switch is turned off.
User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 2719
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by AZgl1800 »

Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:23 am Wow, that was amazing time consuming explanation of how to do it. Does not seem so scary of damaging anything. My only problem again is, taking out the fuel pump with that large upper 90 degree hose off of the top pipe. So what you are saying is, this is typical OEM setting of the fuel gauge for honda. I do not need to be that precise, but that is an excellent idea. When does the warning light ever come on? Thanks so much for your time in your detail's. ;)
Tim
I disconnect the Fuel line from the pump if necessary, it has been 10 years since I did the last one that I modified.


The Low Fuel Light is a Thermistor permanently attached to the fuel pump bracket.
IF, it is still working, it will always come 'ON' at approximately 1 gallon of fuel remaining.

that would correlate to just below 1/4 tank reading on the fuel gauge AFTER, the modification I described above.
~John

'02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

Well, that is good to know. I guess if I use 3 gallons at around 150 miles, then I can go another 100 or so when the light should come one. I found a picture of the sending unit, but don't know how to attach it. I really struggle with this site. :lol: Maybe I just found it.
Does not seem to critical in bending and adjusting the sending unit arm.
Thanks so much.
Tim
Attachments


User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

AZgl1800 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:39 am
Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:23 am Wow, that was amazing time consuming explanation of how to do it. Does not seem so scary of damaging anything. My only problem again is, taking out the fuel pump with that large upper 90 degree hose off of the top pipe. So what you are saying is, this is typical OEM setting of the fuel gauge for honda. I do not need to be that precise, but that is an excellent idea. When does the warning light ever come on? Thanks so much for your time in your detail's. ;)
Tim
I disconnect the Fuel line from the pump if necessary, it has been 10 years since I did the last one that I modified.


The Low Fuel Light is a Thermistor permanently attached to the fuel pump bracket.
IF, it is still working, it will always come 'ON' at approximately 1 gallon of fuel remaining.

that would correlate to just below 1/4 tank reading on the fuel gauge AFTER, the modification I described above.
Yes, you have to disconnected the fuel line. I'm talking about the inside 7/16 id. 90 degree elbow bend fuel line that goes from the bottom of the fuel pump to the top to keep it from cavitating when it gets to low on gas. Thanks so much.
Tim
User avatar
4given
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: Danville, PA
Motorcycle: 1996 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by 4given »

Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:23 am
4given wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:37 am
Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:23 am Wow, that was amazing time consuming explanation of how to do it. Does not seem so scary of damaging anything. My only problem again is, taking out the fuel pump with that large upper 90 degree hose off of the top pipe. So what you are saying is, this is typical OEM setting of the fuel gauge for honda. I do not need to be that precise, but that is an excellent idea. When does the warning light ever come on? Thanks so much for your time in your detail's. ;)
Tim
As Wingadmin has previously pointed out,the low fuel light sensor is separate and attached to the fuel pump bracket. It could be faulty.
Never saw that. When is it supposed to come on? Thanks.
Tim
First,make sure your low fuel light on the dash comes on and then off when you turn the key on. You then know the bulb is not out. To find out if the sending thermistor in the tank is working you have to purposely run it out of fuel, either by syphoning the tank dry and watching for the light to come on or taking a small amount of gas with you on a ride when the tank is almost empty and running it until the light comes on or you run out of gas. If the light doesn’t come on it’s probably the sending unit or the wiring going to it.
“Fight the fight and do what is right“
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

I want to avoid running out of gas to test it out. Thanks. :lol: I have never seen that warning light come on. Didn't know I had one.
Thanks.
Tim
User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 22056
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by WingAdmin »

The thermistor that causes the low fuel light to come on is a very common failure item.

When I replaced mine with a float switch, I calibrated it so that it came on when I had exactly one gallon remaining. When I see that light come on, I know I have roughly 40 miles of range remaining. In my mind I treat that as 30 miles remaining (give myself a safety buffer) and as soon as that light comes on, I'm looking for a gas station.
User avatar
4given
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: Danville, PA
Motorcycle: 1996 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by 4given »

Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:10 am I want to avoid running out of gas to test it out. Thanks. :lol: I have never seen that warning light come on. Didn't know I had one.
Thanks.
Tim
Thus the suggestion to take a small container of gas with you brother. :D 👌☝️
“Fight the fight and do what is right“
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

I just checked my dash and all of the display icons you can see in the display without lights. However, there is nothing showing a gas pump or anything for low fuel. It is just a red screen. Nothing there. Maybe the 94 interstates did not have that option for low fuel.
Thanks to everyone. The admin. scares me with his ingenious inventions and hacks. I am just amazed and it's over my head. :)
Tim
User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 22056
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by WingAdmin »

Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:33 am I just checked my dash and all of the display icons you can see in the display without lights. However, there is nothing showing a gas pump or anything for low fuel. It is just a red screen. Nothing there. Maybe the 94 interstates did not have that option for low fuel.
Thanks to everyone. The admin. scares me with his ingenious inventions and hacks. I am just amazed and it's over my head. :)
Tim
You can see it here:

Fuel light
Fuel light

It lights up orange, and should light up when the bike is first turned on:

Image
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

WingAdmin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:46 am
Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:33 am I just checked my dash and all of the display icons you can see in the display without lights. However, there is nothing showing a gas pump or anything for low fuel. It is just a red screen. Nothing there. Maybe the 94 interstates did not have that option for low fuel.
Thanks to everyone. The admin. scares me with his ingenious inventions and hacks. I am just amazed and it's over my head. :)
Tim
You can see it here:

Fuel Light.jpg

It lights up orange, and should light up when the bike is first turned on:

Image
Sorry, that is not my dash for an interstate. I don't have the LCD display or the reverse or any of all those other ones. Just the oil lights and 1 or 2 more and that's it. It's just plastic there. and where the gas pump is mine is just blank. Nothing outlined.
Thanks so much Admin. :)
Tim
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

4given wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:19 am
Tim 1956 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:10 am I want to avoid running out of gas to test it out. Thanks. :lol: I have never seen that warning light come on. Didn't know I had one.
Thanks.
Tim
Thus the suggestion to take a small container of gas with you brother. :D 👌☝️
Yes, I did that once when I did not know how far the gauge was going down and found out I had 3 gallons left. Thanks Brother. :D
User avatar
Tim 1956
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Okeechobee, Florida usa
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by Tim 1956 »

WingAdmin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:15 am The thermistor that causes the low fuel light to come on is a very common failure item.

When I replaced mine with a float switch, I calibrated it so that it came on when I had exactly one gallon remaining. When I see that light come on, I know I have roughly 40 miles of range remaining. In my mind I treat that as 30 miles remaining (give myself a safety buffer) and as soon as that light comes on, I'm looking for a gas station.
Just took a picture of my old fuel pump that I just replaced a few months ago. There is nothing on it. I win. Now I lose. :lol: I don't have a low fuel sensor.
Thanks
Tim
Attachments




User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 3463
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade
184K Miles
2017 - GL1800 Audio Comfort
14K Miles
Contact:

Re: 94 interstate 1500 fuel gauge off reading

Post by MikeB »

The Interstate did not come with a low fuel light. Only Aspecade and SE have low fuel lights.


Last edited by MikeB on Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB
1998 - GL1500 w/184,500 miles ~ 2017 - GL1800 w/13000 miles
USAF Avionics Communications Tech - 1968 - 1986 / Flight Engineer C-130E - C-141B - 1986 - 1992. Retired
Industrial Maintenance Tech - 1992 - 2014
Retired in Tacoma, WA
Post Reply