1994 GL1500 Interstate

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
randog
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda Goldwing GL1500 Interstate

1994 GL1500 Interstate

Post by randog »

My newly acquired wing, after 12 hours, has its fairing off. One last thing is to sand down the speedo cable connector as it
won't thread through a down tube. I gave up taking the cluster off.
QUESTION??? Has anyone bobbed one of these 94's? I see plenty of 1984 models- 1000cc / 1200cc done on YouTube. Is there a computer involved?
I ask because between rebuilding the rear master cylinder, ( took me 2 1/2 weeks at 3 hours each day), smoke-100+ heat-arthritis- another week wrestling with the fairing, I'm not sure I'll be able to get all of the plastics -nuts-bolts back where they belong.
I'm trying to locate an antifreeze drip and while I'm at it inspecting the timing belts.
I've only driven it 6 miles since I bought it with no rear brake.
Shiney side up!

LAB3
Motorcycle: Naked 1983 GL1100I project bike, now semi-dressed

Re: 1994 GL1500 Interstate

Post by LAB3 »

I've never owned nor worked on a 1500 but there are plenty of choices available in the "Universal" gauge category, from cheap knock off's to top of the line "Better than stock" equipment. Try looking at eBay where you have no shortage of choices, do searches on the internet if you see one you might like and check out the reviews. If you're not afraid of wiring you shouldn't run across too many issues getting them to work and if wiring isn't something you're comfortable with then run what you've already got.
It's difficult for a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.