taxh/parts

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
Skeldog
Motorcycle: 1982 GL 1100

taxh/parts

Post by Skeldog »

Well I have about everything working on my 98 now other than the tach sometimes fails to work. however I've noticed that if I make a pretty sharp turn to the right it starts working and doesn't quit for the rest of the trip. so probably a loose connection. on another note there is one piece of plastic missing from my fairing, there's a removeable fin at the back of the fairing right-the one in front of my left leg is gone. the one on the right is there. I'm guessing they were made to remove for a reason but I don't know what it's called. my bike is pearl white.I guess if I knew the name of the piece I might be able to check around for one with salvage guys. also still don't know what the cover is on top of the false tank that goes from around the ignition switch to the gas lid is called

4given
Motorcycle: 1996 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: taxh/parts

Post by 4given »

Left fairing trim
Ignition cover
“Fight the fight and do what is right“
Skeldog
Motorcycle: 1982 GL 1100

Post by Skeldog »

thank you. I'll start searching now
bellboy40
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE Candy Spectra Red

Post by bellboy40 »

I think you are talking about item #20 in this fiche. If so, that is what Honda called a "Left side deflector". It is really pricey for a new piece from Honda, about $160 for the Pearl Glacier White one. Best bet would probably try to find one on ebay or one of the motorcycle salvage yards.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda ... se/fairing