This is an awesome Forum!

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
LilMamavtx1300
Motorcycle: Honda 2005 VTX1300
1998 Honda Goldwing Trike GL 1500 Se Aspencade

This is an awesome Forum!

Post by LilMamavtx1300 »

I am LilMamavtx1300 and just recently joined this site. I have added a 1998 Goldwing Aspencade SE 1500 Trike with a California Trike Kit to my family! This is such an awesome site with a wealth of information. I just wanted to thank each of you for your knowledge and willingness to share your Bike experiences. I am learning so much from reading and taking notes on the 1500 Bikes. I started out on Honda Dirtbikes with a Program for at Risk Youth called NYPUM (National Youth Project Using Mini Bikes. I was sent to San Bernardino, Ca California for training then back to Illinois to train kids from 10-15 to teach the 21 lessons and ride. This program received referrals from the Juvenile Court System and I was a Juvenile Probation Officer. This program changed the behavior of the youth. They were on a weekly contract with the school for behavior/grades and had to meet weekly goals in order to ride. We did oil changes, tune ups and minor repairs on the bikes, major ones went to the Dealer. I later became a Honda Rep and traveled to other NYPUM Programs in various states and did quality insurance reports on those programs. So when I retired from the Court System in 2008, I took a Motorcycle Class and purchased a Honda VTX1300 Bike, and joined a Motorcycle Club and became the Secretary/and got my biker name "lil Mama". The club consisted of Older Guys who had been riding for years. I learned to work on my VTX and now learning to work on my Goldwing. Thanks again to each of you who have told your stories, shared your bike experiences and especially how to repair those Goldwing's! I sincerely appreciate those who developed and organized this wonderful site, and wealth of information! Ride safe and be blessed in your travels...

LilMamavtx1300

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Re: This is an awesome Forum!

Post by Andy Cote »

Welcome. Glad you are enjoying it. As you said, there is some great information here and it's a welcoming and friendly environment.
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas