carb balancing

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
agedbikeman
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 Aspencade with Insta trike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT(sold, glad to see the back of it)

carb balancing

Post by agedbikeman »

Is there a GL1500 carb balacing either step by step or video, need to know how much tupperware needs to come off, never seen my carbs yet

Thanks
Alex

aj1500
Motorcycle: 02 ABS 1800
97 1500 SE
Motorvation II sidecar
Double Dark Side # 1522
Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16
PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18
USCA# 8913
96 Aspy 1500 W Lehmann trike

Re: carb balancing

Post by aj1500 »

just curious why you think you need to balance your carbs, is it surging or has a off idle stumble. if you have never seen your carbs I would be more concerned at this point about the 90deg vacuum hose that is directly under them than the balance. you have to remove a good bit of body parts to get to the carbs and will need a real long screw driver to get to the boots that hold them on. there are some threads and videos that will help you through it. just search for replacing carbs. I just recently had to remove carbs, have them rebuilt, replace vacuum hoses and installed new boots on a bike that had sat for about 3 to 4 years. now it runs like a top
just a list of most of what has to be removed
seat, radio shelter, both front pockets, all front and side covers, air filter and complete housing. it sounds like a lot and it is the first time but you will learn so much about your bike while your in there. plus you can change your air filter sub filters fuel filter and change the plugs while your at it