'95 GL 1500 Aspencade Won't Start, Clicks On Left Side ONLY.

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
Mojoco99
Motorcycle: 1995 Goldwing 1500 A

'95 GL 1500 Aspencade Won't Start, Clicks On Left Side ONLY.

Post by Mojoco99 »

Huge thanks in advance for any and all help.
The bike was driven and rode well as of two months ago, it has been in storage since. I recently got it as a gift from my grandmother.
New Battery

When you try to start it, all that happens is a click in the relay box on the L/H side. I do not hear the fuel pump or anything else. I jumped the starter and the engine cranks but will not start. I put power to the fuel pump and the starter and received the same result. Using a Voltmeter I have learned there is no power to the starter or the fuel pump. I have tried the kickstand, reverse switch, clutch, and even tried to push start it. I don't know where to go from here...

Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade
Ducati Monster

Re: '95 GL 1500 Aspencade Won't Start, Clicks On Left Side ONLY.

Post by Rambozo »

Measure the battery. 1500s need a really good battery to start. If the voltage is low it will crank, but not start, lower still and it won't even crank. Pretty much anything below 11 volts while cranking is a no go.
Swagonmaster
Motorcycle: 1990 gl1500 SE

Re: '95 GL 1500 Aspencade Won't Start, Clicks On Left Side ONLY.

Post by Swagonmaster »

I trust that you have checked all of the fuses with a test light? Fuse #2 and #8 protect both the fuel pump and starting.
Try to learn from the mistakes of others..... you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!