"Jet Holder" reassembly diagram?

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
LilJohnWayne
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl1100 1978 Gl1000 1983 CB750

"Jet Holder" reassembly diagram?

Post by LilJohnWayne »

Reassembling the carbs on my neighbors GL1500SE. 2000 MY but the diagrams i found all are different. I searched several parts places and looked even at the manual but the manual is for 1994 there seems to be a big difference. 1998 and 2000 have a "cap" or they call it a "jet holder". You guys are familiar I know. I can't figure how it goes together because every diagram is different. also I think it doesn't make sense that there is no washer between the three-hole holder and the main jet holder and nothing between the main jet holder and the carb body. These places can leak and do leak so all the others i've seen seal these areas.

Does anybody have a clear digram and sure answer? I don't want to go based off "best guesses" or anything. I would like to see if anything official is out there. thanks.

Swagonmaster
Motorcycle: 1990 gl1500 SE

Re: "Jet Holder" reassembly diagram?

Post by Swagonmaster »

See if you can find what you are looking for in this parts breakdown:

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oempart ... retor-assy
Try to learn from the mistakes of others..... you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!
Swagonmaster
Motorcycle: 1990 gl1500 SE

Post by Swagonmaster »

Looking at my 1990 manual I see what I expected to; the main jet is screwed into the main fet holder and that is screwed into the "needle jet". There is a note that the needle jet or orifice that the needle goes into should not be removed since it is pressed into the carb body. This is the same as any diaphram carb I've ever taken apart. Also, in the description of the reassembly of the carb, any part with a washer or seal ring is described as "install part with washer or seal ring" as necessary. As there is no mention of a seal and I don't remember any seal rings used my money says that those parts go together without anything between them.
Try to learn from the mistakes of others..... you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!
LilJohnWayne
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl1100 1978 Gl1000 1983 CB750

Post by LilJohnWayne »

Well I just gave up and put it together the best way that makes sense. None of the diagrams were useful and all were different from the other so ??? who knows. It runs well, though.