GL1500 Exhaust Repair

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
powereng1
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500SE

Re: GL1500 Exhaust Repair

Post by powereng1 »

eusurp1 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:18 pm I had the great pleasure to circumnavigate Nova Scotia Cape Breton included with my son this past summer what a beautiful home you have.
I was on my 93 aspencade and he was on his 2017 Suzuki intruder boulevard or something nice nice ride.
Is there any chance you could teach Americans how to drive properly I never saw one rude offensive aggressive over the yellow line driver the whole time we were up there.
We met a couple of riders from Newfoundland... how is that for a ride?
I am glad you enjoyed your bike trip to laid back Cape Breton. I have lived and rode bikes all over North America and remember those 8 lane highways doing 100 MPH getting blocked in all around by drivers checking phones, combing their hair , eating takeout and the likes. I did not want my final toe tag to read--died on the freeway doing what he loved in a place that he hated. I retired back to humble Cape Breton Island with the Cabot Trail right in my back yard. I can drive an hour and not have a single car pass me in either direction on the south side of the island. We don't have much and that is a good thing. Come back any time. Contact me and we can have ride and a beer. Thanks for the kind words about my home. James

Tim 1956
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Post by Tim 1956 »

powereng1 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:31 pm
powereng1 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:46 pm
Tim 1956 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:32 pm

Come to south florida in the winter time when all the snowbirds come down from November to april. Canadians are the rudest, worst tempered, self entitled, worst drivers we see here. Along with people from Ohio and Indiana. They are always saying...."up north, this is cheaper or that is better." We want to tell them, "Then why don't you go back up north." :lol:
Some people’s kids eh? 😎
My apologies on behalf of Canada. We do have rude arrogant people. We used to push them out to sea on ice floes to never be heard from again. That was frowned upon by todays society. Now we just send them to Florida. Sorry eh?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks. Some never return. Our alligators are hungry for the other white meat. :lol: :lol:
Dirtrack650
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100

Post by Dirtrack650 »

Meanwhile, back to the topic of this thread, what better time to learn to weld than building your own exhaust? Don't give me no B.S. about how much easier, cheaper, faster it is to pay a weld shop to do it. That's not why I ride and wrench.
powereng1
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500SE

Post by powereng1 »

:evil:
Dirtrack650 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:23 pm Meanwhile, back to the topic of this thread, what better time to learn to weld than building your own exhaust? Don't give me no B.S. about how much easier, cheaper, faster it is to pay a weld shop to do it. That's not why I ride and wrench.
Well said. Been biking for 50 years and I have never put a bike in any shop for repair. Ugly but safe is fine by me
Tim 1956
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL 1500i Goldwing (Interstate)

Post by Tim 1956 »

powereng1 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:39 pm :evil:
Dirtrack650 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:23 pm Meanwhile, back to the topic of this thread, what better time to learn to weld than building your own exhaust? Don't give me no B.S. about how much easier, cheaper, faster it is to pay a weld shop to do it. That's not why I ride and wrench.
Well said. Been biking for 50 years and I have never put a bike in any shop for repair. Ugly but safe is fine by me
Ditto. Never ever a shop. I can't afford their prices. But at this age when I replace both tires 2 weeks ago, really messed me up. Still feeling it in these old bones and what used to be muscles. :lol:
martyblok
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800

Post by martyblok »

My apologies on behalf of Canada. We do have rude arrogant people. We used to push them out to sea on ice floes to never be heard from again. That was frowned upon by todays society. Now we just send them to Florida. Sorry eh?

Great answer.
schjas8078@gmail.com
Motorcycle: 1993 GL 1500 Interstate

Post by schjas8078@gmail.com »

WOW! I'll have to remember this if/when mine comes due to be fixed and replaced. Great job! Looks amazing, and I bet you even had some fun doing it!