Roadsmith trike brake light wiring issue

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
jarheadfred
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500 Aspencade

Roadsmith trike brake light wiring issue

Post by jarheadfred »

I know this forum is normally about stock goldwings but had a issue on my Roadsmith 99 Aspencade trike that might help a trike owner that doesn't go to trike talk.
Went on a run and one of my friends informed me that my lower left brake and light was not working. So OK I thought a bad bulb. Got underneath pulled out the bulb replaced it and still not working. Then I looked at the wiring. To my surprise the wiring harness had been eaten through by the tire. A zip tie holding the wiring up broke allowing it to drop down thus damaging the wiring. Replacing the Zip tie was easy fixing the wires not so much. Checking the zip tie and replacing it might prevent a issue like I had.
As a side note it was NOT Roadsmiths fault just a old worn out zip tie.

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Re: Roadsmith trike brake light wiring issue

Post by Andy Cote »

More two wheeler posts than three wheeler because more two wheelers on the road. Diversity is a good thing.

Thanks for the information. T-CLOCS is for trikes as well. Not that I have never used tie-wraps but for what those folks charge for a trike kit, it should never rely on something like that.
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas